Help - How to mount 05 Moko Sliders on 06 FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drhines

Reaction score
I read post where you can take the Moko Sliders from an 05 FJR install and mount them to the 06FJR using a different length bolt. I tried to do that today. For one the 05 slider bolt is a smaller diameter than the 06 engine bolt at the place where you would mount it. In addition the engine bolt that comes out of the 06 FJR will not go through the Moko Slider hole. I'm sure you could drill this out to accept it, but I'm just not sure how everyone is doing this.

I went to a bolt shop today and they don't carry socket head screws in the fine thread pitch that it takes to replace the engine bolt. Also I noticed that the spacer that came with the Moko sliders sticks out from the frame a small amount and does not let the Moko slider rest flush. This is probably not a problem either.

Can anyone tell me exactly how you are mounting your old Moko sliders. Size and length bolt, spacer setup, and where you found your bolt.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Doug Hines

Benton, AR

You may want to pm Skyway as he is now making sliders for the 06s. Or ya may get the info you need by reading his post regarding the sliders he's making for 'em

:jester:

You may want to pm Skyway as he is now making sliders for the 06s. Or ya may get the info you need by reading his post regarding the sliders he's making for 'em

Didn't want to buy new sliders. I read somewhere that 05 owners were adapting the Moko sliders to the 06. I just can't figure out how to do this.

Didn't want to buy new sliders. I read somewhere that 05 owners were adapting the Moko sliders to the 06. I just can't figure out how to do this.
You can adapt the moko slider to fit by drilling out the hole to allow an 12mm bolt to fit through instead of the current 10mm.

Saying that, I have not done a fit check with the moko puck, but IIRC the O/D might be to big and may contact the fairing.

I would also caution using the Moko puck on the 06, as there are 2 different counterbores on each side of the bike for the engine bolts. The sliders you install should really be seating into both of them for maximum contact/strength. YMMV

Sell them to me before you tear them up and buy a set of Yamaha sliders for your 06.

Sell them to me before you tear them up and buy a set of Yamaha sliders for your 06.
The Yamaha sliders IMHO look like crap. lightweight and what is with that taper. I was looking at the bolt site compared to my '04 fitted with R&G sliders, and it looks to me that the R&Gs go on now without cutting the tupperware at all. :yahoo: Who has tried 'em?