help with aftermarket seat to increase height

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fjrghost

Reaction score
I bought an 05 used, and it came with stock seat and dual canyon Corbin seat. I don't like the stock seat for long rides, the Corbin is fine on the old rear end ; however, it brings me down too much. Being tall, I actually like a high seat. Any idea what aftermarket seat will increase either equal or increase seat height? Like the looks of a Sargent. Every post I have seen seems to be for guys wanting to get a lower seating position.

Russell seats (www.day-long.com) are known to raise you up a bit. Just got mine today from the awesome group buy (20% off). Great construction and quality.

hey ghost, i have an 05 with a sargent seat with a backrest. i am only 5'9" and still find the bike manageable, so not sure if the height would be high enough for you. i have not put on the stock seat yet so i do not know the height difference. i love this seat. i did a 500 mile stint, with weather chasing me and it was quite comfy. i did have to move about some, i assume that is normal. also my sweetheart says it is the most comfortable seat she has been on. just thought i would give my HO. cheers, jerome

thanks, I really like the looks of the sargent, just want to know if it drops you down like the Corbin. If it is the same height as the stock then that would be fine.

thanks, I really like the looks of the sargent, just want to know if it drops you down like the Corbin. If it is the same height as the stock then that would be fine.

If ever you want to deal wint the guy from Sellerie Europeenne, and you need help, let me know, it will be a pleasure for me.

Hey there Ghost, I had a Sargeant on my 2005. It was very comfortable once broken in.The height was the same as stock.I'm 6" tall and like the Gen II seat in the high position.

Ken.