Hexacones on Black

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fairlaner

The Bartender Whisperer
Reaction score
Just received my Hexacones from the UPS guys.......

Almost finished just waiting on a Hugger from Europe and Smitty from MO and maybe a seat from Ojai,

other that those i think I am done.... :rolleyes:

Here are some pics of them on the 08.

P1030161.jpg

P1030162.jpg

P1030163.jpg

P1030164.jpg

R

How da'ya like the sound mate, did'nt you have Holeshots on your old bike?
I did these are much quieter, mostly because of the lack of headers.

i like the look as much as anything, have not ridden it yet so don't know what they are like while riding.

R

Just received my Hexacones from the UPS guys.......
Almost finished just waiting on a Hugger from Europe and Smitty from MO and maybe a seat from Ojai,

other that those i think I am done.... :rolleyes:

Here are some pics of them on the 08.

P1030161.jpg

P1030162.jpg

P1030163.jpg

P1030164.jpg

R
Bike looks good what do have on the bike where the saddle bags go?

How da'ya like the sound mate, did'nt you have Holeshots on your old bike?
I did these are much quieter, mostly because of the lack of headers.

i like the look as much as anything, have not ridden it yet so don't know what they are like while riding.

R
Eventually, one day we'll ride together and I can listen.

I've been toying with exhaust options, but (insert lame excuse here.......)

Your bike is looking great. Nice one.

Is that an Ohlins preload adjuster on your bike? If so, how do you like it and was it worth the $$. Also, did you do the forks and who did you go with? Would you have done anything differently?

I'm pretty close to changing up the suspension on my '07 and wanted to get a bit of feedback.

Can you give me some more info/links on the auxiliary foot pegs as well?

Is that an Ohlins preload adjuster on your bike? If so, how do you like it and was it worth the $$. Also, did you do the forks and who did you go with? Would you have done anything differently?I'm pretty close to changing up the suspension on my '07 and wanted to get a bit of feedback.

Can you give me some more info/links on the auxiliary foot pegs as well?
The Shock is a Penske, ( a huge difference if you like the twistys) the front forks are still stock as the only have 2200 miles on them. When i do the front end I will send it to Lee at Traxxion Dynamics in Atlanta.

The Foot pegs are from Wild Bill, search around here and you will fine them.

R

Very nice looking ride. Where did you get the Smuggler? I checked the Corbin web site, nothing listed for the GenII smuggler.

**EDIT**

Never mind, I see it now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you route the wires for your hyperlites inside the fender?? I cant detect them on the outside.
I did, I actually spent a lot of time doing that and it is very hard to detect the wires. I made a very small hole at the very top and then filled it with silicone to seal it all up.

R