Hey SoCal! Let's do something!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil San Diego

One of "...those guys..."
Reaction score
It's been a while since we did anything down here. How about a ride, or tech day, or...? Throw out some ideas and let's make something happen.

I was going to do a tech day at my house when Richard gets the new bike so we could stand around gawk, eat, bullshit, piss in the grove then go ride to eat somewhere. There is a great BBQ joint that just opened up in town called Oink and Moo.

We need to do a ride though. Lets organize something.

I was going to do a tech day at my house when Richard gets the new bike so we could stand around gawk, eat, bullshit, piss in the grove then go ride to eat somewhere. There is a great BBQ joint that just opened up in town called Oink and Moo.

This all sounds really great, grand and groovy johnny80s; but, our HotRodZilla said he would fly in from Albuquerque if he could just shave your back!

Don,

Neil has a great idea and you go all "shaved back" on him.

You've been into the bottle and are reading this in your underwear...aincha?

Man...if I lived in SoCal...I wouldn't even be waiting for an invitation. Or is there some bad blood out there and nobody likes to ride and greet anymore? I'd even meet at Carver's even though I don't know how to do motocross on an FJR. JSNS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don,

Neil has a great idea and you go all "shaved back" on him.

You've been into the bottle and are reading this in your underwear...aincha?

Man...if I lived in SoCal...I wouldn't even be waiting for an invitation. Or is there some bad blood out there and nobody likes to ride and greet anymore? I'd even meet at Carver's even though I don't know how to do motocross on an FJR. JSNS.
:lol: :lol: :lol: JSNS

Neil - good suggestion - I'm game. If a ride it be, then I suggest Dudleys (good meeting place - Breakfast/Coffee) - Ranchita - Borrego Springs - Banner Pass - Julian (Lunch/Pie).

If that is old hat to you North County guys, we could also do the ride in my backyard... 94 to 8 down the grade (In-Ko-Pah) to S2 to Banner Pass to Julian. If you have not experienced 94, you owe it to yourselves...

Hey Neil, we could all shave johnny80s back! We haven't done that in quite a while! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
Wow! 0 to "soup sandwich" in 1 post! :blink: :lol: Isn't that a new record...?

How about a ride in the next couple weeks while the good weather is still around. And then a tech day after that?

Hey Neil, we could all shave johnny80s back! We haven't done that in quite a while! jes' sayin' and nuff' said!
Wow! 0 to "soup sandwich" in 1 post! :blink: :lol: Isn't that a new record...?

How about a ride in the next couple weeks while the good weather is still around. And then a tech day after that?
Brother Neil, anything you come up with is fine with me. On Sunday AM at Sofia's Mexican Restaurant in Gila Bend, AZ SkooterG, johnny80s and Papa Chuy were discussing how there was zilch ride or tech day activity going on in SoCal over the last year or so!

Those Homos up in NorCal are always riding around and it did seem odd that nothing was popping in SoCal. Post it up and SkootyG and his Papa Chuy Viejo will ride on over, like we have done many times in the past.

Oh by the way for WheatonFJR and majicmaker, I am wearing gray Hanes boxers and drinking Hornitos Plata Tequila in a skull shot glass!

Doomed-Crystal-Skull-Shot-Glass.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Works for me. If you plan this in a few weeks I'll buy some stuff to install!!!!!!!!!!

I'll also FINALLY give you your present. (Let the comments begin.)

On Sunday AM at Sofia's Mexican Restaurant in Gila Bend, AZ SkooterG, johnny80s and Papa Chuy were discussing how there was zilch ride or tech day activity going on in SoCal over the last year or so!
Yea it's been a slow, crappy year down here, at least for me. Time to turn that around.

New FJR owner here in So Cal...would love to ride with you guys once you decide on a date. Marty
Keep an eye out here for the latest info...

I'm all for standing in line to drop ride Richards new bike!
Aren't we all? I would like to see a contest for who can get the plastic off the quickest. Might take several attempts to get it right...

OK, how about a ride on the weekend of Oct 27/28? Post up which day, and what destination you prefer. Let's make a decision in the next couple of days, and I will start a new ride thread.

My choice is the 28th to Big Bear via Idylwild. But any destination works for me.