home safe thread

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got home about 3:45 to beautiful hilly NW Indiana. hahaha Nice to see some folks I hadn't seen in a while. Thanks Wayne for putting on a great show. My riding riding partner OFace is still somewhere down there in the Smokies, comin home tomorrow. :angry01:
Home now. Awesome time! Thanks for all the hard work so I could play!

I got home a little after noon today with about 1400 miles on the way home with no visits with LEO.

While fueling up in Maggie Valley yesterday morning I made a hair brained, half hearted, last minute decision to knock off a Saddle Sore 1000 while on the way home since I had some IBA forms in my tank bag. Everything was rolling right along till I rolled into Nashville right before game time and sat on the I-24 / I-40 parking lot for nearly an hour. Next obstacle was when I hit the wall and was out of energy in Council Bluffs, IA with 1010 miles on the clock ( just short with odometer error ) and had to stop for a 4 hour nap. I finished up in Sioux City, IA at 7:00 AM this morning with 1130 miles on the odometer in under 24 hours.
punk.gif

The FJR makes it so easy its almost like cheating. Total 12 day CFO / EOM mileage was nearly 4400 miles.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="extrememarine" data-cid="1096015" data-time="1379903185"><p>

Annette and I are home. Annette is a trooper - after running NC209 this morning, we made a b-line for Columbus. We made that run on 2 fuel stops - no lunch or breaks, just pounded out the miles.<br />

<br />

New tire on at Ironpony in Columbus, and we decided that the only bed right for tonight would be our own...</p></blockquote>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="extrememarine" data-cid="1096015" data-time="1379903185"><p>

Annette and I are home. Annette is a trooper - after running NC209 this morning, we made a b-line for Columbus. We made that run on 2 fuel stops - no lunch or breaks, just pounded out the miles.<br />

<br />

New tire on at Ironpony in Columbus, and we decided that the only bed right for tonight would be our own...</p></blockquote>

<br />

This entry is a goof!!! Learning to use the IPhone .

Fred

Last edited by a moderator:

<br />

Wayne, was that you and Annette on OH 33 heading to Columbus? I got off 33 near the Rockbridge exits. (the white fenced farm on the left, when heading to Columbus. )

Fred

Saturday I had to put on a new back tire in Robbinsville NC at Wheelers Performance on US 129 just out of town on the north. Go see that shop while in the area.

left Maggie Valley Sunday morning with Mike from Kentucky for a 380 mile ride to a friends house just west of Hopkinsville, Ky. Mike had a good route and we managed to ride even more 10 mph or less switchbacks in Tennessee before we got home.

Left out Monday morning for a 425 mile ride home to Omaha Ar arriving at 4:45 Monday evening. Total of 2400 miles of good riding on the FJR this week.

During the trip I rode in Missouri, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, and Tennessee.

The area around Maggie Valley is excellent riding for sure.

Home Sunday @ 8... good time had. Thanks to everyone that made EOM possible.

Got home at 8:00pm Monday after staying overnight in Marlinton WV.

Took a short cut through some PA game lands only to find out that some of the roads were more like trails. I just wanted to get off 219 for a while.

My PR2s are still OK, but worn out of shape to the point where handling is suffering.

Thanks to Wayne and all the volunteers for putting on one fine EOM! I had a great time!

Made it home around 6:30pm five minutes after my wife got home from her two day class in NC. Total was 1,434 miles and 505 miles to home. The Blue Ridge from Ashville to Mt Michell was awesome Sunday morning. There was this sur-real layer of clouds filtering between the montains with clear blue sky. Further north there was more blue haze...pretty typical.

Thanks to Wayne and others that worked so hard making it such a great event!
fan_1.gif
What a great area for riding!
yahoo.gif

Got home Monday evening just as it was getting dark. I saw a couple of Bambis during the last half hour before getting home, but they politely stood on the shoulder as I went by.

Thingfish and I spent all day Sunday on the Blueridge Parkway. We started out riding with Heidi and Gary and had breakfast along the parkway. After Heidi and Gary headed their own way at Henderson we got behind another FJR and followed him for a while until we needed gas. On Monday we headed up 220 in West Virginia and then slabbed it the rest of the way home.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a little frosty when we left Brookville. PA for the final leg home....

DSC_0031-L.jpg

But this photo proves that I made it back to the Great White North....

IMG_1145-L.jpg

Exactly 4003.2 km after leaving my home base at the local Timmy's.....

DSC_0035-L.jpg

I just walked in the door. 2,250 miles round trip including three days of twisties. We got jipped out of some riding time on Saturday so, I stayed an extra day. It was AWESOME!! Had to go through a big black spot of rain from Melborne to west palm beach on the way home. It was Torture but, I'd do it all again in a New York Minute! Thanks Wayne. I had a blast. :))

I got home around 4:30 pm today, 3650 kms. Nice being retarred since we can take back roads and a couple of extra days...... Had a great time with y'all.

Sunday rode the Blueridge Parkway to Roanoke VA.

Monday started out with some nice riding 220 North then 250 West. From Fairmont WV it was slab the rest of the way home, got in at 8:00pm.

Thanks to Wayne and everyone that assisted in putting on a good OEM.

I rolled in around 6 after getting stuck, feet down on the hwy for 15 minutes about 25 miles from home Grrr..

Wow the '13 in touring mode gets great mileage. 1 tank of gas from Erie PA to Barrie Ontario running around 70mph. Fill up showed i still had over a gallon left.

I rolled in around 6 after getting stuck, feet down on the hwy for 15 minutes about 25 miles from home Grrr..
Wow the '13 in touring mode gets great mileage. 1 tank of gas from Erie PA to Barrie Ontario running around 70mph. Fill up showed i still had over a gallon left.
Wow, how many meters to a cubic centimeter does it get?

I got home a little after noon today with about 1400 miles on the way home with no visits with LEO.
While fueling up in Maggie Valley yesterday morning I made a hair brained, half hearted, last minute decision to knock off a Saddle Sore 1000 while on the way home since I had some IBA forms in my tank bag. Everything was rolling right along till I rolled into Nashville right before game time and sat on the I-24 / I-40 parking lot for nearly an hour. Next obstacle was when I hit the wall and was out of energy in Council Bluffs, IA with 1010 miles on the clock ( just short with odometer error ) and had to stop for a 4 hour nap. I finished up in Sioux City, IA at 7:00 AM this morning with 1130 miles on the odometer in under 24 hours.
punk.gif

The FJR makes it so easy its almost like cheating. Total 12 day CFO / EOM mileage was nearly 4400 miles.
Awesome Kevin!

Not sure I know meters per centimeter3 but I think I know to convert mph to furlongs per fortnight. We supersmart Canuckistanis express mileage in litres per 100km. Bungie did not tell us if that was a US gallon (= 3.76 litres) or an imperial gallon (= 4.45 litres).

We used to have imperial gallons back in the 20th Century but joined the rest of the world back in the 60's. It's only the Brits that still use imperial gallons and we all know how backwards they are having not yet discovered the toothbrush.

Pfft. Trick question. All of them!

BTW, 'Fitter is wrong, officially, we use L/100km which makes no friggen sense to me at all. I usually use km/l. Seems to me the bike is averaging about 19km per liter. This is easy to visualize. You have a liter of gas (about a quart), how far can you go.

Scorpa, the Axeman, and me got home yesterday (Wednesday 9/25) afternoon after weaving our way thru TN,WV,PA,NY,CT. 2500 + miles for Bill and I. Thanks everyone for a GREAT TIME. I had an extra bonus when I got home because I got to meet my newest grandson, born Friday night. Evan George, 8-8

George

Latest posts