horn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vandy

Reaction score
I was riding on 44 the other day.. devided hwy. when some bozo in a pickup pulling 2 trailers started merging into my lane when i was passing him.. I laid on the horn and it was loud enough for him to here it and he pulled back into his lane and then it looked like he was yelling at me through his window... not sure what was up with that...

I survived without too much worry becaus there was a shoulder to move onto if i really needed it.

The result is that I can really tell how inept that horn really is.

Has anyone seen a good deal on the magnum blasters in the last few weeks..

I can't seem to find a sale on them so I guess I'll just bite the bullet unless there is something better out there that im not aware of.

I was riding on 44 the other day.. devided hwy. when some bozo in a pickup pulling 2 trailers started merging into my lane when i was passing him.. I laid on the horn and it was loud enough for him to here it and he pulled back into his lane and then it looked like he was yelling at me through his window... not sure what was up with that... I survived without too much worry becaus there was a shoulder to move onto if i really needed it.

I can't seem to find a sale on them so I guess I'll just bite the bullet unless there is something better out there that im not aware of.
Go with the Stebel ... see https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...3&hl=stebel ... as teerex51 says, "It'll knock the paint off the ass-end of a Prius"

JW

I was riding on 44 the other day.. devided hwy. when some bozo in a pickup pulling 2 trailers started merging into my lane when i was passing him.. I laid on the horn and it was loud enough for him to here it and he pulled back into his lane and then it looked like he was yelling at me through his window... not sure what was up with that... I survived without too much worry becaus there was a shoulder to move onto if i really needed it.

Here is the Horn

https://murpskits.com/catalog/product_info....3ae1752dc427380

You can get them at Advance Auto Parts in Claremore.... On the Horn Isle at the bottom 49.95

Tim

There is, though mounting it is a challenge. It's the Stabel Nautilus Air Horn

Score one here, and support the vendors that support us!

Stabel Nautilus Air Horn from Murphskits.com:

edit: heh.... great minds think alike.... all within 5 min of each other! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

This site sells a two pack of Magnum Blaster (TM80 Magnum) horns for $19, can't complain about that.

Horns Plus Auto

OK i ordered the horns from Murphs. I'm too lazy to make my own harness if i don't have to so this is the simpelest for me

Thanks for the tips.

The harness helps big time. I used FJRandy's harness which was really nice but I don't know if he's still selling them.

Installation is a bit of a challenge. Randy included a nice set of instructions with his harness. You need to make damn sure your horns don't interfere with the forks and that will require cutting the fairing cowl.

OH OH now i have to start searching for a how to on that.. I thought it was going to be a straight fwd install

Here's a comparison of the Stebel Nautilus to the FJR1300's stock horn, but you'll notice that the guy who made the video couldn't find a decent place to mount the Stebel.

I have one of these sitting next to the rest of the farkles I have to get installed before riding season starts, and it's the only one I'm not really sure how I'll fit to the bike.

The harness helps big time. I used FJRandy's harness which was really nice but I don't know if he's still selling them.
Yes I still am, but not for the nautilus. Only the Blaster pair.
Yep, my bad. That was for the magnum blasters. They rock by the way. There are instl instructions by Warchild on fjrtech.com.

Anyone want to compare the Magnum Blaster and the Nautilus in terms of loudness and installation difficulty?

Thanks.

The guy in the trailer may not have seen you. You may want to look into head light modulators. They make the headlights pulse. Don't use it for group rides it is very irritating for the person in front of you. It is perfectly OK for cages in front of you. :evil:

Anyone want to compare the Magnum Blaster and the Nautilus in terms of loudness and installation difficulty?
Thanks.
I have both.... Master Blasters on the FJR, the Nautilus Air Horn on the Blackbird.

There is no question whatsoever: the Nautilus is far and away the louder of the two.

And as I mentioned above, it's more of a challenge to install as it is physically larger, and for optimum performance, has to be placed in a certain orientation (the cylinder-shaped part of the Nautilus is supposed to sit vertically).

The following link won't help you with the FJR install, but you can see some of the challenges involved:

Installing the Nautilus Air Horn on the CBR1100XX

Thanks.
Magnum blaster install....simple.

Compact Nautilus instal (done properly).....very tricky.

Lookee here. My own install from May '06. I've Done some on Gen II bikes too. Same BS.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...autilus+install

As for output, I did my own informal sound test with a Radio Shack meter.

Magnum blaster output in dB #10'-----100

Freeway output in dB @10'-------100

Compact Nautilus output with horns mounted in front of radiator------105dB.

Remember a 3dB increase equals double the volume.

Both pairs are identical in output, they just have a different tone.

The Nautilus has an attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:
Does any one know if the Stebel TM80 Magnum high note horn fits thr FJR.

Steve