Hot start problems, anyone?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
New battery installed. I can still here a very quick, slight hestitation during start after warm. But fully charged new battery powers through to ignition. I'm back on the road in time for this perfect weather I am accustomed to here in CA. :yahoo:

New battery installed. I can still here a very quick, slight hestitation during start after warm. But fully charged new battery powers through to ignition. I'm back on the road in time for this perfect weather I am accustomed to here in CA. :yahoo:
Do a voltage drop test on both the pos and neg side. If that checks out OK then it's time for a starter. It does sound like the starter is going bad.

BATTERY.jpg

Thanks again Howie

Just to keep a good ol' thread from dyin', guess who's having a "hot start" issue?

Here's a hint.....he posted the above pic of the balloon smuggler!

Jeff @ Sport Bike Effects....got 12V14B-4s in stock??? :lol:

Just to keep a good ol' thread from dyin', guess who's having a "hot start" issue?

Here's a hint.....he posted the above pic of the balloon smuggler!

Jeff @ Sport Bike Effects....got 12V14B-4s in stock??? :lol:
He has them shipped direct from the manufacturer, so...yes, they are "in stock"!

Tossing another bit of brain to keep feeding this zombie, I got stranded at Mickey Ds this afternoon. Finished a 40 mile drive, parked the bike, ordered some Big Macs and Frankenbike would not start. Spun over, weakly, once, the click-k-k-k-k-k-k-k-k-k-k-k-k-k-k goes the starter relay.

****!

Ordering a new Westco tomorrow.

Gee, just point it downhill and bump start it!
I thought that was just a down right cruel thing to say to someone that lives in Fla -- until I saw where the poster of this 'helpful suggestion' lived :lol: The only way it could have been worse would be to say that to someone that lives in Fla and owns an AE ;)

Last edited by a moderator: