Hot weather pants?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob, if you haven't checked out the Bohn under armor here it is....Bohn Armor.... they have some gear for hot weather. Only thing is you are wearing it under your levis and can't take them off like over pants. You could wear them under the mesh but would look pretty strange if you took off the mesh. lol. I have a pair of the Adventure pants and they do offer the most protection I have found. Tailbone, hip, thigh, knee and shin protection. Hope this helped....PM. <>< ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Bicycle riding shorts under FirstGear HT Air 2.0 Overpants. The extra padding in the seat helps. They breathe well. Do a good job of holding the junk. And look only mildly ridiculous when you peel the overpants. If that wasn't enough, they also come in tall sizes and have a light, waterproof liner you can zip in as the temperatures drop in the evenings.

Oh yeah, and you'll need chick repellant. ;)

Joe2Lmaker said:
...they also come in tall sizes and have a light, waterproof liner ...
The Air 2.0 Overpants come in tall sizes, not the riding shorts. Tall riding shorts...

I used to ride road bikes (bicyles) and have a couple of biking shorts leftover. I don't use them on the bike because the chamois/cotton padding on the but and forward holds onto moisture. Moisture = Mky Bt!

If you want to wear bike shorts I'd recommend the shorts w/o any padding - don't need the padding on the bike and they won't hold moisture. Just my thoughts/experience.

Be aware that when you use jeans with kevlar the kevlar is sewn on the inside and there is nothing covering the kevlar therefore it is next to your skin and it not a pleasent material to have next to your skin for any length of time. Also you will need to buy them larger than the actual size you wear because of the kevlar on the inside. RIDE SAFE

What I ordered, thanks to the feedback received here:Eddie Bauer Outlast
Well, had a chance to give them a little two-hour test today, in the heat and on twisty roads. Not impressive at all. They don't stretch very well so I felt bound up. There was a lot of shifting around but really not an excuse for monkey butt after two hours. They were saturated almost to mid-thigh upon removal. The quest continues....
I ordered a pair of the Sahara Skins from a local dealer but they sent him the wrong size (too small). They look like bicycle shorts but are more like underwear. I guess I'll just stick with the bike shorts for now.

+1 on Air 2.0's. I really like these pants.
But what do you wear under 'em for hot (100+ degree) weather?
I'm still sold on the Cycleport Air Mesh Kevlar for outer gear, and would buy it again if it ever wears out (after the seven year guarantee expires), unless a get-off causes its failure, which I highly doubt.

I've been eyeballin' these Vanson's:

https://www.vansonleathers.com/product_page..._vent_pants.htm

Haven't seen 'em or heard of anyone using 'em, but I gotta ditch the waterproof britches for the summer - they don't breathe a damn. Wearing my Patagonia fleece camp pants is the only thing that makes 'em bearable.

Last edited by a moderator:
The closer you stay to underwear, the better. Bike shorts are winners.

It looks like the Air 2.0 Overpants are about 100 bucks cheaper than the Cycleport Air Mesh. Is the Cycleport liner rain proof? How much mesh is there? The photo looks like it's all on the inner leg. And there's no padding?

One thing that's interesting about the Cycleport product description is the claim "Cycleport's Air Mesh Kevlar Pant is the only Air Mesh Pant that is safe to wear shorts underneath in hot weather. (No Polyurethane coating to melt into legs!)"

Is the Cycleport liner rain proof? How much mesh is there? The photo looks like it's all on the inner leg. And there's no padding?
The mesh makes up almost the entire garment, and there's padding as well, however, air doesn't go through the padding so well.
The world's top rated Tri-Armor in Velcro secured pockets that covers more of your body than any other pant. Full knee/shin armor and full wrap around thigh armor.
The liner is waterproof and removable.
I'm definitely going to be trying the bike shorts next time out.

Hello

I purchased the FirstGear HT Air 2.0 Overpants based on reading this topic and just received them. I wore them today riding in 103 F with gym shorts. Great pants...I am jettisoning the kevlar jeans that I usually wear...much cooler and comfortable.

AJ

I purchased the FirstGear HT Air 2.0 Overpants based on reading this topic and just received them. I wore them today riding in 103 F with gym shorts. Great pants...I am jettisoning the kevlar jeans that I usually wear...much cooler and comfortable.
See, the forum helps! :D