How are those employed doing in this economy ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Since 6/2008: balance in savings/checking ?

• significantly less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • slightly less

• the same

• slightly more

• significantly more

• Total voters
Thread Killers! What you two need is a good un-simulated collision exposing my foot to your asses.

(sorry....just seemed appropriate ala Red Foreman from "That 70's show". :D )

red_forman.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:eek:fftopic:

I am a bit more than conCERNed about the Large Hadron Collider. It should be repaired and running again late this summer. Shortly after that it might not matter what color the '10/11s will be. Or the economy, or the jobs outlook.

:eek:ntopic:

The little business that I'm working for right now is on a knife's edge. If it teeters one way I will be able to afford to travel this summer but will have no free time, if it teeters the other way I will have lots and lots of free time to ride but no gas money. While the economy is a bit of a problem for our business it was the rotten, slimy, thieving, lazy, non-performing minority business partner that brought us to this point. Our divorce took lawyers and money but we got us a quickie separation and all the company stock was returned into the business. It's gonna be a wild ride!

Edited to add: Sorry Silverhound, you posted while I was typing. After posting this reply I read your post showing lack of enthusiasm for our little topic detour.

Please take note that it was the TOPIC STARTER that bent the path of his own thread.

What we need is 1.21 gigawatts of electricity and a DeLorean to jumpstart this thread.

Ohhh...and yes the economy is worrying...but I will ride until I die...then stop worrying.

:eek:fftopic:
Please take note that it was the TOPIC STARTER that bent the path of his own thread.

and another quote: It's gonna be a wild ride!
True, and I like the pun "bent the path", physics ref again.....

It is obvious from my post count that I am no post whore, I can see that some members pay attention to small things, avatars, etc... and that some pay attention to small details, a good thing...IMHO

The second quote: "It's gonna be a wild ride!"

This phrase also rings true to me, but for a different reason than for iobeam. I have been saying it repeatedly to lifelong trusted friends for over a year now, but for different reasons, my belief that things could get really scary, serious. As intended and unintended consequences of our leaders decisions and the instant media coverage play itself out on the world stage, that dark days could indeed lie ahead.

Ok, anyone wanting to redirect to on-topic please do so....my goal for this thread was 250 votes, and about 2K views in 30 days, maybe, just maybe we can make it happen.....

rhody

Bending the conversation off the current physics path and back to the stated topic:

This was a good week for me. I made $10k in my 401k this week by doing nothing (which is a whole lot more than I made from earned wages).

We won't talk about the ~80-100k it's down for the year... :angry:

I just got a nearly 10% raise....my 457 is kicking ass right now......positive cashflow.....have three international trips planned this year, and am going to retire 3 years earlier than I thought.....life is good....

I just got a nearly 10% raise....my 457 is kicking ass right now......positive cashflow.....have three international trips planned this year, and am going to retire 3 years earlier than I thought.....life is good....
Does riding across the border to Mexico count as an international trip? :p

Our bank accounts are about the same, but our 401Ks and IRAs are in the tank. I could have retired two years ago, but not now. My job is pretty secure, but my wife works for Ford Credit and you know what kind of shape Ford is in. That being said, after I get on a bike and start riding it all gets better. :yahoo:

Thread Killers! What you two need is a good un-simulated collision exposing my foot to your asses.
(sorry....just seemed appropriate ala Red Foreman from "That 70's show". :D )

red_forman.jpg
:lol: That made my day!!!! :thumbsup:

Sorry for getting off topic......carry on.