how many have had the tick

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zorkler

Ave U !!!!
Reaction score
we have 4330 members just trying to get a feel on the perent of tickers . We are going to need at least 3000 people clicking to make this work .

Last edited by a moderator:
.................but I had crabs when I got back from mexico, once.

Probably because zorkster's got an 05 or earlier and he's gettin a bit restless in his space boots bout the dreaded fudger gettin the crabs. Pay top dollar for them hookers in mexico, zork and you should be OK.

My 05 ticked until Yamaha fixed . . . I had about 24k miles on it at the time. Now I have in excess of 50k and it is still running strong.

.................but I had crabs when I got back from mexico, once.

Hmm still tryin to figure out how I got 'em Ya was only here two hours :unsure:

Mines been ticken fer nigh on two years now. ain't no big thing let er blow. most ticks is just normal noises anahow.

:jester:

My '03 was a ticker and I sold it that way. My '04 was also a ticker and was repaired and is still running strong 20,000 miles later. My '06 still sounds like the day I took delivery. Quiet.

Not so much a tic rather than a twitch. This El Jefe thing can really create some unwanted isms. Oh, wait... You're taking about valve ticking. Never mind.

There's no way you are going to get a balanced survey, and you have no control group with which to compare your results for accuracy. also, the Forum may have X-amount of members who applied, but how many are FJR owners and how many are spambots who never post? Right from the start, you have no way to gauge any response. Also, you'd need every owners whose bike DIDN'T tick to respond...and some fo the NewGen owners are going to pass this thread by because it doesn't apply to them.

What exactly did you hope to prove? What evidence do you need to create what action? Yamaha is repairing the bikes that exhibit problems, what more are you seeking to elicit?

My '04 did not tick. My '05 has been a ticker from the beginning....and is just back from the repair @ 32,000+ miles.

Just a fly-by here, but I understood the 'tick' to be fixed 06 on, so why does every member need to respond? Won't that skew any results?

Carry on.

Just a fly-by here, but I understood the 'tick' to be fixed 06 on, so why does every member need to respond? Won't that skew any results?
Carry on.
Bingo! 06 and later FJRs don't suffer from the dreaded tick, so including them has now skewed any results of this survey in an unfavorable direction.

Additionally, you need to set up a better more in-depth survey to get any meaningful results. This has all been done before. And done well. And STILL, that data can be argued from both sides till the cows come home. Still, good on ya for an honest attempt.

Oh yeah, 04 FJR with 138,000 miles and not a ticker. But has been one hell of a noisy SOB from day one that many have thought was a ticker.