How old are you FJR riders?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Confused. This is an FJR forum and someone said "no pillion" meaning no passenger seat. Can this be with an FJR or has the meaning gone from passenger seat to the actual passenger? Ok, I'll assume the slang has gone that way. Anyway, thought I would give you fine people an update, as one of the new guys in town. I've put about 1000 miles on my FJR and even though I love this bike, I find it hard to part with my V-Strom DL650 as I had planned. I do a lot of popping around town (Target, sandwich for lunch, home depot for screws, etc.) Its a completely obvious point that the bike that weighs 200lbs less will be a bit more agile in the city, but I'm having a hard time justifying owning 3 bikes. (Honda Magna as well).

If I sell the Suzuki, I'll miss it. If I sell the FJR, I'll miss it. I guess the only way to solve this problem is, keep both. As different as these bikes are, they are both seriously fantastic machines. I guess for any ride more than 20 miles, the FJR is the clear choice, not to mention the 400 mile + days.

Ok, so the Magna must go. Honda's V-4 is another fantastic machine. I'm so spoiled, but sadly, not a millionaire.

Jim

PS... Not married (half of you say "awe, the other half say "lucky guy", but I must say, I actually really enjoy riding 2-up. I can only have girlfriends that like bikes since bikes are my life (riding since about 9 years old).

I'm 62 and have been riding for 50 years (first bike was a '57 BSA) and I rarely start one of my bikes if I'm not going 50+ miles. I ride solo about 99% of the time, primarily because of the length of my rides. My wife of 33 years would rather be on the golf course. The 1% is with daughters.

OBD

64, no 2 up for me. The VFR is the daily workhorse, the FJR is the Great Escape machine, during riding season the cage gets so little usage it gets flat tires from just setting. :lol:

40 w/ 2007 FJR Have had 15 different bikes since I was able to drive. The FJR by far is one of my favorite bikes. Bags Off, On one wheel, wife loves every minute of it. Little wheelies I am 40 now. Bags are for the touring days :)

66 for another month. The bride(for 42yrs) rides about 20% of the time. Just did 691 miles Sat & Sun with her on the back.

Just turned 87. My wife rides with me all the time. I'm retired so I get alot of seat time. She still works so when she get's off the day shift at HOOTERS ( she is 22)

I pick her up for evening rides about 5 nights a week in the summer. Then we go home and, oh nevermind. :dribble:

Not yet but maybe me and the little Missis can ride on down there to Kalifornia and meet that feller.

Should put a poll up with age ranges at 10-yr increments. That way we can see what age-range the majority of current users fall into.

15-19

20-29

30-39

40-49

50-59

60-69

70-79

80-Old PHKR