How old are you FJR riders?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, thanks.

Based on 277 respondents:

56% are between the ages of 41 - 55

80% are between the ages of 36 - 60

According to those stats you're all Old PHKRs!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, thanks.
Based on 277 respondents:

56% are between the ages of 41 - 55

80% are between the ages of 36 - 60

According to those stats you're all Old PHKRs!
Yeah, and you were the stupid FNG who begged us to tell you which year FJR to buy. That makes you a stupid young phukr...unless by not showing your age on your profile you're trying to hide the fact than you're an old dumb phukr as well. :assassin:

:)

Based on 277 respondents...you're all Old PHKRs!
Every time I go to a FJR event or gathering the parking lots are always full of old, gray, and grizzled geezers. They look like an AARP meeting. I dunno where they hide the FJR owners ;) What's more, most of them wear the most unflattering form fitting leather and textile space suits. Then something happens when they put on the helmet. I can't explain it. It's sort of like a combination of a time machine and rejuvenator. Strap on the helmet and suddenly the parking lot is of full of rash, young, virulent riders that streak off, leaned way over, sparking pegs while the engines scream. I think someone forgot to tell them to grow up and act their age :)

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional.

I'm 43 and my 2007 FJR is the first bike I've ever owned. Bought it new. I tend to ride aggressive compared to the old farts. I ride two up whenever a friend or family member wants to experience my baby. I was gonna get a sport bike but learned that insurance rates are higher and aren't comfy for more than an hour.

I'm 43 and my 2007 FJR is the first bike I've ever owned. Bought it new. I tend to ride aggressive compared to the old farts. I ride two up whenever a friend or family member wants to experience my baby. I was gonna get a sport bike but learned that insurance rates are higher and aren't comfy for more than an hour.
Yeah, but remember these words (quote by a good friend of mine who has ridden his entire life);

"I didn't crash, I just ran out of talent!" :eek:

He has over 40 + years of riding, over one million miles + on 2 wheels, and he's still riding.

He says "All is good, until the next time...I fall off".

Cheers...and keep the "shiney side" up as long as you can?

59 (60 in August) Pippa has just turned 50. She is patially sighted, so no licence. The FJR, purchased in March, is mostly used 2 up as it was bought for our recent trip to the Austrian Alps. My daily ride is my Yamaha XJR 1300 (not a model available in U.S.) as it's better for commuting in London traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:
cooling my jets in Atlanta, listening to Pink Floyd on the tube, LMAO at you guys. Get to go back home tomorrow and see my baby and my wife....you guys are cracking me up, or is it the beer? :unsure:

I'm 48, had the FJR since 10/2003 almost 25,000mi. and Bunny Hunches rides with me about every chance she can get, (15% of the time she's on the back). :D

I'm 49 and my wife is _ _ and there is no shame in getting older. Wife really dont care to ride too much she only does because I do. I on the other hand will make up resones to go for a ride. What? We need milk again? Ok, I'll go get it. Better take the bike,it would'nt make since to take the jeep and waste all that gas just for a gallon of milk. And it's true when you strap on the helmet ya drop about 10 years.Whats wrong with that? And although we drop a few years in age we dont drop in maturity. I also believe that is what tends to make us older riders maybe a little better riders. To me the meaning of being a skilled rider is some one that can arrive at they're destination safely 100% of the time.