How's the view from your "Cubicle"?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

What would DoG do?
Reaction score
The Pacific Ocean is just beyond those Palm trees, about 75 miles as the crow flies....

IMG_0403.jpg

I know we can do better....

My office:

100_0628.jpg

Lots of paper. You can't see the other 30 or 40 sets of prints, or all the shop drawings, or files, or other fooking paper I have to wade through.

The best parts are the chair (Humanscale NICE, the dual monitors, and the audio)

The view outside is even worse. I'm in fooking northern Illinois for crying out loud!

Ten years ago I was in the middle of the Pacific Ocean in this office, wearing these clothes. The building was a secure radar site with no office windows.

wcnoffice.jpg

But this was the view of the Kwajalein lagoon, just outside the building!

LunchBreakonRoi.jpg

Nowadays, I'm in an even more secure project cave at the Mojave airport. No windows, no cameras, but totally neat stuff happening!

Navy owns the property I work at, so no cameras.

However, it looks just like Toe's - only the opposite.

Just imagine messy cube, life-sucking fluorescent lights, and a guy wondering what it's like outside.

You tropical view guys really suck.

Well, at least I don't have anything like that distracting me.

Aren't those row of Palm trees along Tulare St.?
Chateau Fresno Ave. The station is at the SW corner of Kearney Park.

That's right. I think I meant Kearney Blvd. and not Tulare.

...Been too long.

Still, the central valley is nice in the mornings and evenings...aren't they. Mid day it just gets too friggen hot! For too many years my office bounced between a Medera and Mendota Airport hanger.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hate you all.

I'm a Cubicle Rat for a cable company (Programmer) . I can't even see outside and the place has hospital green walls with blue tinted 'easy on the eyes' flourescent bulbs.

Theirs also a sucking sound that most of us can hear but describe differently. I think its the will to live being evacuated out of us.

Wow, you guys are all rich ceo types, n-stuff. Must be nice to have a job.........

10th Floor, downtown Albany, New York.
2554183012_5abee060a9_o.jpg

My computor area.
2554183172_a984b3e027_o.jpg

The photo looking out the windows you can see the Times Union Arena.