Hugger group buy

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also don't understand why you have to take your mufflers off,
That was no doubt for a better view in the photographs, due to the hangers.

Any chance of a group of Sacto riders getting together to help the mechanically challenged (me) install this thang
The install can't be that difficult and should be straight forward.

the fiberglass one looks cooler...

but I like the carbon fibre tank guards as well.

anyone got a pic of that hugger installed?

I'd like to see it before I make a committment..

Ah...farkles!

Mary

The hugger Geelong shows for the FJR is not installed, they are molded for the 2005 FJR.

https://www.geelongcarboncraft.com.au/store...&category_id=13

The 2006 version might be slightly different. They are working on them now. It looks to me like they are a little shorter than the FSD hugger.
I ordered the fiberglass one for my 05...

How to cut off that ugly rear black plastic fender shit... <G>

Did something similar with my Harley... got the lisc plate up on the rear fender now... looks way better... <G>

Mary

I'm in for a painted one.

Any idea what kind of 'glue' to use? Unless of course someone else in the Sacramento area is buying and would be willing to help with drilling and taping. :)
It looks like any "tapping" to be done will be on the right side of the swingarm. You could use a bead of silicone under the hugger to hold it onto the swingarm, but the swingarm itself is a substantial piece so drilling and tapping a hole for a bolt shouldn't be that difficult (except for buying the metric taps).
Any reason I couldn't use regular taps and just buy bolts to fit?

I did learn really quick to put a heavy magazine or a bunch of newspapers une=der where I was drilling the first time I took a drill to my VStar 1100..drilled into the tire a bit.. <BG>

Mary

[
Any reason I couldn't use regular taps and just buy bolts to fit?

Mary
Krash.. yep you could use regular taps if you wanted, it's up to you , select the tap and bolts you want at a local store. ( metric taps don't cost any more than standard taps. )

I am in for one for the 2006 FJR. Can we get it in the silver to match the swingarm?

mbrinitzer....please read this link. GB is going on now.. yes for an extra $90 you can have it painted.

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...06entry106506

Ok, I got the hugger today.... am really disappoiinted...

not in the hugger, it looks really cool...but in the way it was packaged..

The tail end was poking out of the box, and when I opened it, the part that goes over the rear disk was fractured...poo...

I didnt' pay for the custom paint at least... rattlecan black will be fine cause I keep the side cases on anyway...

I sent them an email asking how to send it back...

Whoever packed it did a lousy job!

Mary

Mary, if it was damaged "in transit" your issue will be with whatever freight company delivered it to you, not the shipper. Hopefully it was noted on the delivery receipt. Whoever the freight/delivery company is, get on the phone with them post haste .

Last edited by a moderator:
I received mine yesterday. The box was smashed and FedX had tape on it that said "Repackaged" Fortunatly the Hugger was fine but there wasn't anything else in the box? That may be how it comes I don't know.

I'm happy and can't wait to install. Thanks again Highlander! Ron.

Where's mine ? !!! :)

Glad you folks got yours, bummer on the damaged ones :angry2:

I sent the vendor a note today telling him about the damage reports, I hope he changes his packaging in the future.

Where's mine ? !!! :)
Glad you folks got yours, bummer on the damaged ones :angry2:

I sent the vendor a note today telling him about the damage reports, I hope he changes his packaging in the future.

Just FINALY recieved my Hugger from them... and it's damaged in a big way! One of the mounting legs has snapped off clear up to the rounded fender part ! Packaging was piss poor. I talked with Frank last week about damage reports, so far three folks have recieved damaged huggers, and are returning theirs, Biker - 911 ( from the Euro board ) and I may be the fifth and sixth ??

I've E mailed them so I'll see what their response is, I don't think it's fair for Biker-911, to pay postage to return a part that was improperly packaged to begin with. I'll keep you all up to date on the results.

I got my Hugger a few days ago. The packing was bad, but the part seems OK. I'm not very mechanically inclined and don't have very many tools. RadMan or someone else...What does "tapping involve? I already have about 5 cordless drills. What other tools do I need to buy? Could someone please document the install with pics so I don't have to oay the Stealer to install the thing?

Thanks,

BB III

fjr1300gb10hugger2.jpg
fjr1300gb02hugger.jpg

So thanks to Kaj's discovery of a Hugger from France, I contacted them and asked about a group buy on the product. They are willing to do a GB if we have enough interest.

Quote from the e mail corro I had with them

"

we know this system ( Group buy ) which is interresting for everybody.

This part is sold in black and would be more expensive

if you want it to be colour matched.

( Highlander note.. further e mailed stated the add for paint would be $90 each )

Below are the price for a plain black part.

The hugger is $179.

10 people sign up ( 10% off )

20 sign up ( 20% off )

30 sign up ( 35% off )

To give you an idea for 1 hugger shipping would be $ 30

"end quote

If there is any interest I'll give them further feedback.. any interest ???

Also Another E mail stated it did fit the 06 but we'll need to reverify this as another member was told it did not.

Hugger pics

https://tinyurl.com/lh6ag

Original thread

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=8280
I have an 2002 fjr. Can you please send me a e-mail were to buy this please [email protected] This looooooooooooooooooooooook just to nice for words !!!

Cheers

Dewaldt

Guys, it's a FOUR YEAR OLD THREAD. That GB is long over.

SA boy, try PMing Highlander for his original contact info with the seller in France.