Hurricane IKE and EOM

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forecast is looking good this morning:

Wed

Sep 17
30.gif
Partly Cloudy72°/55°20 %Thu

Sep 18
30.gif
Partly Cloudy72°/52°20 %Fri

Sep 19
30.gif
Partly Cloudy74°/53°20 %Sat

Sep 20
34.gif
Mostly Sunny75°/54°20 %

Forecast is looking good this morning:
Wed

Sep 17
30.gif
Partly Cloudy72°/55°20 %Thu

Sep 18
30.gif
Partly Cloudy72°/52°20 %Fri

Sep 19
30.gif
Partly Cloudy74°/53°20 %Sat

Sep 20
34.gif
Mostly Sunny75°/54°20 %
Yes, but the next couple of days will tell. It looked like the storm has now changed course again and going to hit Texas a bit higher with the intended track hooking back North East. Hope they are wrong.

No one and I are planning to leave Dallas Monday around 7am.

With the current forecast showing Ike to be in the Dallas area Sunday/Monday.

May turn out to be an interesting start to our journey.

Hope we don't drag that bastard all the way to Lewisberg!

Mark

Hey Fubar, what part of S.E. Tenn. are you in.

No one and I are riding into McMinnville for a couple days prior to EOM and then leaving Thursday morning to head out to Lewisberg.

Mark

It will either rain or it won't. There is a high tech solution for everything. My new cell phone actually shows me live weather radar. So when it starts to rain I can stop and look at the weather radar to verify it is raining. So far it has been 100% accurate with this method.

No one and I are planning to leave Dallas Monday around 7am.With the current forecast showing Ike to be in the Dallas area Sunday/Monday.

Mark

If you would be so kind as to please shut the weather door behind you when you leave TX it would be greatly appreciated.

I have to say, I am a little worried that the vacuum created behind my 05 blue beast.

May just drag that Ike with us.

We will do our best to put it in a lock box and throw away the key!

Mark

I like the accuracy of that radar phone :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Based on curren forecast path,the storm will be at or near WBGVA (that's West BY GOD Va) to those not familar). Monday. Let's see...I'm leaving Thursday AM (or maybe Wed after work who knows), but it ought to be over New England by then. Sure looks like leaving Tejas on Monday is going to be a fun ride :unsure:

Ed

Happy Friday All! EOM forecast looks great right now. Can't say that about MotoGP weekend as I'm trying to decide whether to ride or drive for that one. One good thing about a Hurricane passing through is that generally, the weather is beautiful right afterwards for several days. No scientific fact that I'm aware of, just an observation of mine.

See you all next Friday! :yahoo:

The official Weather Channel PhD Blondes stated this morning, that Ike is indeed expected to have a sweeping effect across Central to Eastern U.S. and produce clear weather and cooler temps for several days afterwards.

Well, looks like we'll be good for EOM. Good news

No one and I are planning to leave Dallas Monday around 7am.With the current forecast showing Ike to be in the Dallas area Sunday/Monday.

Mark
Take the southern route thru Shreveport, Birmingham, Chatanooga, Knoxville and on up 81 to WVa if you're worried abt the weather.

The official Weather Channel PhD Blondes stated this morning, that Ike is indeed expected to have a sweeping effect across Central to Eastern U.S. and produce clear weather and cooler temps for several days afterwards.

+1 as was my contention last evening...cooler temps...think Oct. should be about right.

I am leaving NE Ct on Monday morning. Looks like I may just miss the whole thing. Sheeesh, and I used up a whole can of Mink oil and a bottle of NikWax yesterday. :)

But I don't mind.

Hey all,
Anyone concerned that IKE will turn and soak EOM? I know it's WAY early, But they are predicting landfall sometime friday and i know how these things like to stall out.

Shame on me for even thinking these nasty thoughts

(insert hiding under chair smiley here)
More important, are you concerned? If so, do you care what others think or the local authority.