I am Bull@$%T!! Need to vent!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks though I don't get the "can't ride it" part. Just don't speed.
Todd, I can't ride it legally because it is not a registered and insured vehicle. Being that I recently took an early retirement from my law enforcement career and may get courtesy extended to me, I certainly wouldn't count on it....just not worth the hassle.

Russ, thank you very much for the offer, I think it will be the start of my yard work this weekend. As far as clutches....my problem is going to be getting used to NOT having one!

That has to suck. On the bright side your lucky that you can buy a new vehicle out of state and bring it back to your home state. Here in California you can only bring a new vehicle into this state if you are replacing one that was wrecked or stolen while your were out of state. If you can prove to DMV that you put at least 7500 miles on it prior to entering California they will let you register it here. :angry:

My wife used to work in a bank. We had a discussion one day about bank/certified checks. As strange as it may sound,banks do not consider these instruments to be guaranteed funds. Especially from out of state. Many greedy fools have been burned on the "Nigerian Lottery" e-mail scam,and various Craigslist scams, where they were sent "certified checks" that were found to be phony a week or two later. In short, what I'm trying to say is:maybe the dealer is just trying to cover their ass. The dealer in MN that sold me my bike wouldn't have sent the bike until the check cleared,so I wire transferred them the funds. I do feel your pain though. Looking at a sweet new ride after a long winter, that you can't test out. :angry: Once you get to ride it, you'll love the AE. Be sure to look around the forum for AE operation tips. It will really cut the learning curve.

Mike

FJR loosely translated means..., You must fuking wait till hell freezes over..

Remember the pay before you get it program? Nuff said..

:jester:

Is any of this supposed to make sense to me or is it just the wine????

Anyway, trying to think positive about the whole situation...just ordered some frame sliders and some pretty cool reflective decals for the panniers. (almost got rear-ended on my Ducati once because my tail lights were out so I like to have high visability from behind)

I am sooooooo hoping to let you all know that my title arrives tomorrow......and then all will be right with the world!!!!

I say f*ck it. Stick whatever paperwork you have in your wallet or sidecase and take it out for a ride. Chances are, unless you are riding in such a way as to attract attention, you won't get stopped, and even if you do, produce the bill of sale or whatever you have. If you decide to go back to the dealership and bitch slap someone, please post the video.

Is any of this supposed to make sense to me or is it just the wine????
No bub it ain't the wine.. Way back when, some of us had to pay before the bikes were even shipped.

There was actually a wright in campaign to get these buggers shipped here prior to that, back in I beleive '02. I remember tossin down a line or two..

The wait issue ain't nuffin' new..

In most states you have up to 30 days to get plates. I would probably carry the Bill of Sale, Insurance Card, and put Plates Applied For on the license plate area.

It has to be rough not to be able to ride with this beautiful weather.

Good Luck getting this resolved.

In most states you have up to 30 days to get plates. I would probably carry the Bill of Sale, Insurance Card, and put Plates Applied For on the license plate area.
It has to be rough not to be able to ride with this beautiful weather.

Good Luck getting this resolved.
Not in the hell hole of a state. I actually had to sell my other M/C to my son in order to cover my ass for 7 days so I could legally transfer the plate to the New FJR. The paperwork had to catch up at a later date. Which reminds me the title for the XR is still signed over to him. What a lucky kid, Eh.

Just an update...Fedex did NOT arrive today....what a surprise!

I contacted the "title clerk" yet again and she told me it went out yesterday (again) I reminded her that we spoke yesterday and that yesterday she told me to expect it today. She then back pedals and tells me that they don't pay for overnight service so I should see it Monday.....

She finally gives me a Fedex tracking number and what a surprise.....it's not even in the system yet! I call her back and inform her of this and she says, "oh, it must be stuck in the box or something." Can you believe the high level of B.S. these people sling???!!!

This entire dealership is corrupt with all the blatent lies every person there has told me thus far...I'm so surprised that they have a 100% rating on Ebay because I can't be the first person this dealership has hung out to dry.

I knew I should have flown to GA today but I couldn't get a flight cheap enough to leave me enough for bail once I ripped through the dealership!

The game is officially ON!

Many places don't issue temp tags for out of state purchasers. D&H didn't for me. I rode for 45 days on the sales receipt and use the CO when I went to register (and pay my own state sales tax).

ditto - I rode to St Louis & then to Connecticut with the cert of origin, bill of sale & no plate on the bike :(

registered it when I got home.

I'd be willing to bet the bike was a trade in that had a payoff and they've been waiting for the title to be released from the last lien holder. Give it til Monday and if there's no tracking number, call their state's attorney general. If this is a new vehicle dealership, call the manufacturer's customer service line...they greatly frown on this sort of thing. You may not get anywhere immediately but at least it will put some outside pressure on them.

Hey Ken, the bike is a brand new 08 leftover so there is really is no excuse for any delay in producing the certificate of origin as soon as my check cleared on 3/17. I really am at a loss as to why they would purposely cause such a delay to a customer that has paid in full WEEKS AGO! More than anything, it is the lies and run-around that I find most insulting.

I spoke with the Deputy Commisioner of DOR's office in GA (they oversee vehicle transactions) and I certainly raised their eyebrows when I explained the situation but they are hesitant to jump in and get involved just yet. They did state that it is illegal to sell a new vehicle without supplying a certificate of origin and they want me to update them if this doesn't get resolved this week.

[SIZE=12pt]+1 on what buf2phx said about the check clearing. However, if that is the case, the dealer should just come out and say so.[/SIZE]

As if you need another possibility to worry about. I've seen "floorplan" issues pop up at new car dealerships where I worked. I don't know how Yamadealers work. At some car dealerships the inventory on the showroom floor is owned by the bank or mfg, with the dealer owner paying floorplan (interest) on a monthly basis until the car is sold. Then the dealer uses the proceeds from the sale to pay for the inventory. Some less than scrupulous dealers take the money from the buyer but fail to pay the bank for the sold inventory. Soon the bank has representatives at the dealership that hold the keys or titles to the inventory until they get there money

Sorry, I saw '08 and made an assumption.

It's also possible they lost the original and had to apply for a duplicate CO, I've seen that happen. In any case, they should have been up front with you and not shipped until they had everything in order. At least it sounds like you have a tracking number and it should be resolved shortly.

I understand your frustration. My ex has the keys to my bike and swears she doesn't. Perfect day today, perfect bike outside and can't ride!

If you want to vent go to dealerrater.com and blast away. Great site to check before buying any vehicle, let's you see consumer reviews and rate your experience with the dealership.

Fingers and toes are crossed for ya!

Against my better judgment (but being tortured by this beautiful 77 degree day) I took a short ride on the FJR.

First impressions were very good: I actually like the AE setup and I don't think it will take too long to get used to it. Shifting was smoother than I expected and low speed maneuvering wasn't bad at all. The gearing is tall but there seems to be plenty of power from bottom to top. ( I would say I shifted 1/2 as much as I would have on my Ducati) Also, compared to my ST4, this felt like a Goldwing as far as the comfort level that I am used to!

I can not wait to start putting miles on this baby! Although far from nimble, it certainly can dip into a turn, just not as quickly as I'm used to. I did behave myself and certainly didn't push it........but oh, how I am looking forward to it!

So, my new '08 AE is sitting in my garage (for 2 days now)after being shipped up to Boston from Georgia, but I can't ride it because the moronic dealership (Extreme Power Sports, Columbus, GA) Has yet to send me the certificate of origin!!!
They cashed my bank check on 3/18. One would think they would send the title/certificate of origin immediately so I could have the bike registered by the time I received it.....but no.....

So, I have been calling the sales weasel that I've been dealing with and he just gives me nonsensical reasons why I haven't received it yet. The last 2 days I have spoken to him I asked for him to promise to call me at the end of the business day to at least give me a status update, weather good or bad news. This clown doesn't even have the common courtesy to meet the minimum customer service standard of returning a paying customer's phone call!!!!!

As many of you may know, we have had terrible weather, flooding, etc. in New England and this is the first weekend that we are suposed to have summer like weather..... and I have my brand new bike that I can't ride!!!!!! (insert sympathy here!!!)

Had to vent, sorry....... When I call the stealership and ask to speak to a manager, there is always an excuse given that nobody is available, blah, blah, blah... I am actually considering flying to GA tonight or tomorrow if I can get a cheap enough flight to give these morons a piece of my mind in person (and to get my title) Sadly, that will somewhat negate the money I saved buying this bike but I am just SOOOOOOOOO PISSED!!!

Ok, I feel just a little better now.

Hey J -

I live in Columbus, GA and another fellow Feejer on the boards sent me a pm about your situation. First, I bought my '08 in Albany, Ga if that tells you anything (don't like/trust Extreme)!!! Anyway, I am on vacation with the family until Wednesday of this week, but would be happy to be your eyes, ears and especialy your mouth if you need me to!! Just drop me a message and i wil help any way i can.

Good luck and again, let me know if I can help!

Best Regards,

Tate