I am retarted - I think I killed my vista cruise install

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is also a Brake-away https://www.brakeawayproducts.com/ which I have on my V Max.

They are a PITA to install, PITA to adjust and just overpriced trick as far as I'm concerned.

Seems to me that, with the bar end set-up on the FJR, it would be fairly simple to do a homegrown version of the TM.
Agreed, I have a BrakeAway on my bike (came with the bike from the original owner) and sometimes it just doesn't want to work on those rare occasions I'd like to use it...even though I've adjusted it nine ways to Sunday to achieve perfect operation in the garage, lol. I'm liking the Madco solution Dcarver highlighted...looks pretty slick.

Still the best!

Completed.jpg
Ditto!!

Vista-Cruise ROCKs!!! Throttlemeister SUCKS!!

Clicky HERE young grasshopper for the path to drill-less Vista-Cruise enlightenment.

If you cut a long slot in the "tab" of the VistaCruise, a slot just barely wide enough to pass over the shank of a small screw or threaded pin...

The VistaCruise can self-center and still won't rotate. Allowing to freely self-center makes it release much better when adjusted to tighten and lock firmly.
Now that's a good idea...thanks Jeff!

--G

Just installed this on monday. Thanks to wabill for finding it and posting info on it.

I like it better than the Vista cruise and a much easier install. Never like the compromise with the Vista between getting enough clamping force to hold the throttle with latent drag during normal operation.

control%20bk_s.jpg

Throttle Control

I just received my copy of this. OH MY WHAT AN ELEGANT SOLUTION> - goes on in 2 second,s, no drag, easy to apply. This thing is dead simple COOL>