I bought a new 08!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megofast

Reaction score
I gave in.. I was gonna save some cash and go with a new 07, but those 08s in black are so sexy I just couldn't resist. Was hoping to get it for a little less, but around here they are selling like nobody's business, and dealers can't keep em on the floor.

$14700 OTD, I was aiming for 13.5, which is what the 07 would be but like I said.. just couldn't resist, better to spend more to make myself happiest with it :)

Guess Im movin in here to stay.

Now to pay the insurance gods their ridiculous premium..

Congrats on the new bike. I'm in the market for an 08 myself, did you have to order it or did they have it on the floor.

None of the dealers around here have one on the floor but claim they can get one.

Happy riding and keep the rubber side down!!

Not much in the world better than a new bike ! Congrats . . . :drinks:

Not sure where your at Shuey1, not in your profile yet, but D & H in Alabama is THE best price going !

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats on the new bike. I'm in the market for an 08 myself, did you have to order it or did they have it on the floor.None of the dealers around here have one on the floor but claim they can get one.

Happy riding and keep the rubber side down!!
I didn't have to order, they had 1 left on the floor (that I bought) sold the other earlier in the day, and a third the day before. The dealer I went to before that one said they sold both of their 08's as soon as they got in (at full price too). There are a few other dealers who were advertising having them but Im guessing that those are selling just as fast. So unfortunately.. that ended up meaning I didn't save much. I saved taxes for the most part, I saved about 1400 on the whole deal.

And Ill have pics in the next couple days, picking it up from the dealer tonight :)

Now it's time to get that "new bike anxiety" over with. :blink: A dual sport tire fell off a hook from my shop wall because it filled with water from a leak that had just started, knocked the weedeater from it's hook and it fell over onto my gas tank just 7 days after getting it last year. :angry2: At least I wasn't looking for a new mirror or side bag! After that, I just rode the hell out of it, thats what there for anyway! :yahoo:

Now it's time to get that "new bike anxiety" over with. :blink: A dual sport tire fell off a hook from my shop wall because it filled with water from a leak that had just started, knocked the weedeater from it's hook and it fell over onto my gas tank just 7 days after getting it last year. :angry2: At least I wasn't looking for a new mirror or side bag! After that, I just rode the hell out of it, thats what there for anyway! :yahoo:
Oh god lol.. thats horrible I had something similar happen to my new truck. Ill baby the bike.. when it's not moving :yahoo:

Congratz on the new ride.

Hang around here long & you may change your name to "megobroke" after you see all the goodies you may want............. I mean need. :rolleyes:

Congrats on the new ride!

Try to set a budget of less than $500 a month for the first year an you should make it through ok. :D

Well.. first thing I need to do is find out how to contact D&H. When I was reading through topics earlier I was finding info left and right now I can't seem to find a reference to them.

What I specifically need to know is what is the process for buying a warranty through them? My understanding is that it has to be done within the factory warranty period, but I don't know anything beyond that.

Congratulations. I made the same decision. I could have saved $700 going with the 07, but the black is gorgeous and the updates are a nice bonus.

Well.. first thing I need to do is find out how to contact D&H. When I was reading through topics earlier I was finding info left and right now I can't seem to find a reference to them.
What I specifically need to know is what is the process for buying a warranty through them? My understanding is that it has to be done within the factory warranty period, but I don't know anything beyond that.
Mego - Here's a link to a thread with D&H info. I believe you have 1 year to get the extended warranty. They've sold it in the past for $389... don't know what it is now. Ask for Renae. She and her husband, Jerold, are the owners... top notch folks.

Congrats on the new ride. Think you are grinning now, just wait till after your first ride.

Many happy miles to you.

Just talked to Renaa at D&H yesterday and sent her a check for $389.00 for 48 months of Y.E.S.. I had a week left on the original warranty on my 07. I called the guy I bought it from, and asked the cost for YES through them, $732 plus tax. Ouch! When I told them I could get it for $389, he said "Buy it!"

Congratulations. I made the same decision. I could have saved $700 going with the 07, but the black is gorgeous and the updates are a nice bonus.
What changed in 08?