I can haz farkles?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The install was so easy, using the SW-MOTECH Alu-Rack and their Givi Monokey adapter plate, that detailing the instructions really doesn't seem worth the time. Remove a few bolts, put spacers down, screw together. Finished.

Here's what it looks like though:

I commute on my FJR, and the (small) chance that it actually gets cold in Houston was enough for me to justify spending money on the case. At least now I don't have to shut my bike down, or carry two keys, when I need to get into my side cases during random Houston downpours. I'll just keep my rain suit in the Givi.

[SIZE=8pt]ps.. look, I got it up on the center stand guess I was just DoingItWrong™ before.[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
That setup with the SW-Motech adapter is a slick one. If I ever break down and purchase a top case, I'll probably use the same mounting method. Nice pics.

--G

I had SW-MOTECH quick-release mounts on my old SV and rode all over the country with them, so I figured I'd go with them again. Then I saw the plate, and realized it will look like my FJR is a Transformer when I take the Givi plate off and just ride around w/o the top case. The Canon G9 takes excellent photos, I find myself using it more often than my 5D (by a long shot).