I gotta get frame sliders...HELP

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought they were called frame sliders cuz they bolted to the frame.
The best explanation I've heard for why they are called "Sliders" is because they are supposed to keep the bike "sliding", as opposed to "tumbling", which would definitely minimize damage, to bike and nearby bodies, in a get-off.

The only time I witnessed an FJR go down, it had sliders on and slid very well, smoothly, to an eventual stop.

I should get some for my 04 FJR but if I remember correctly Skyway doesn't make any for it. Only the newer FJR's. Where else should I look (I know this has been asked before but I'm too short on time to do a search)??
Tom
I ordered the motovation ones.............only because I needed to fill the holes in the fairings (bought used ones to replace damage) that were there for them.

<<<<<------ has Motovation frame and axle silders on my FZ6, and El Gordo has the no cut Motovations on his '05.

Neither has been tested in a slide (yet), but installation was quite easy and quick. I really like the fit, finish and how they look on.

my 2 (cdn) cents

<<<<<------ has Motovation frame and axle silders on my FZ6, and El Gordo has the no cut Motovations on his '05.Neither has been tested in a slide (yet), but installation was quite easy and quick. I really like the fit, finish and how they look on.

my 2 (cdn) cents

Ditto on the motivation sliders. Mine on an 08. Best thing for me was they were AT MY DOOR in 3 days.

Ok...I ordered the OES Delrin sliders. $50.99 shipped. Thanks for the input, and especially for the frame info. I did not know that. I thought they were to keep the paint pretty. I thought they were called frame sliders cuz they bolted to the frame. Dumbass! Thats why I joined the forum...Man money well spent!! :yahoo:

I have the OES sliders as well, note the install instructions are part of your order confirmaiton email and do not come with the product. I only mention this because I received the sliders as a gift and had no install instructions untill my wife remembered the email.
Where did you guys buy these sliders from?

Tom

Ok...I ordered the OES Delrin sliders. $50.99 shipped. Thanks for the input, and especially for the frame info. I did not know that. I thought they were to keep the paint pretty. I thought they were called frame sliders cuz they bolted to the frame. Dumbass! Thats why I joined the forum...Man money well spent!! :yahoo:

I have the OES sliders as well, note the install instructions are part of your order confirmaiton email and do not come with the product. I only mention this because I received the sliders as a gift and had no install instructions untill my wife remembered the email.

Tom
Try Twisted Throttle.com

Tom
Clicky Goto the link I think I just posted (I'm kinda new at this, so I'm not sure it took). If it did not just goto www.oesaccessories.com. I ordered the sliders on Wednesday I think, and they arrived here on Friday. Put them on yesterday. About 5 minutes to install and they look sharp.

Hotrod....what did you do with the damaged plastic?
The plastic is really not that bad, I'm just really anal about my bike. I have an appointment with the adjustor on Monday, and he is supposed to cut me a check that day. The right rear bag got it the most, but it's mostly just scratches. Since it had been cold here I had the wings on the front fairing in the outer position to see how well they worked and the upper corner of the right wing lost about 3 inches of clear-coat (I'll never move those wings again). There are some scratches on the mid-fairing (the big one) and at the point down near the peg where it kinda sticks out it took the paint completely off. I have a friend who is pals with the manager at our Beemer deeler and they have a guy who air brushes their bikes all the time. Supposedly he's really good, so I am gonna go by on Tuesday and see what he can and cannot fix. I was also thinking of covering the scratches on the mid-fairing with those silver decals. THEN...Jagermeister has a set of '07 bags he doesn't need, so if I can't get the bag fixed, I'm gonna buy his. It wasn't until I got both sliders put on that I looked at the bike and said, "Oh shit, I gotta take the right slider off to remove the plastic." Hopefully it won't come to that, but if it does, the blue loctite shouldn't be too bad.

Was gonna say....if yer getting new plastic you can sell the old ones for a pretty decent profit.

Which is what this forum is all aboot, ain't it? :rolleyes:

Was gonna say....if yer getting new plastic you can sell the old ones for a pretty decent profit.
Which is what this forum is all aboot, ain't it? :rolleyes:
Thats GOOD information. I had now idea what I was gonna do with the old stuff once it came off. Hopefully it won't be much. It looked much better after a little polish.

Best to avoid polish at this point if you think you'll be soon painting. The polish or more accuratly the silicon in the polish makes the painters job harder..

He has to remove the silicon..

Last edited by a moderator: