I just found a Blue AE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cota95

RI Beach Pop
Reaction score
I was traveling thru Concord NH this afternoon and saw a brand new 06 FJR AE at the local Yami dealer in the faster Blue color. I thought they only came in silver?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was traveling thru Concord NH this afternoon and saw a brand new 06 FJR AE at the local Yami dealer in the faster Blue color. I thought they only came in silver?
They do only come in Cerulean. Something's up there.

They only do come in silver. Either it wasn't an AE, or since I trust you, more than likely they swapped all the painted pieces from an A. Maybe some really smart, classy, all knowing and powerful customer insisted on the prettier/faster silver color when purchasing just an "A" from the same dealer.

They only do come in silver. Either it wasn't an AE, or since I trust you, more than likely they swapped all the painted pieces from an A. Maybe some really smart, classy, all knowing and powerful customer insisted on the prettier/faster silver color when purchasing just an "A" from the same dealer.
Wouldn't surprise me. Liquidsilver swapped his SE R1 bodywork for his R1 red...

I'm going to be painting mine in the spring time. Blue is cool, but it's too "me too". If someone has a Silver and wants blue, I'd trade and just paint the silver. Holler if you're interested. Have to be reasonably close by - cost too much to ship and I ain't footing the shipping bill.

George-was that at Freedom Cycles?
Indeedie, was it Freedom? I'm on my way back to Freedom some time next week. Freedom is where my FJR came from. At the time they were in a dump across the street and could afford to give me a very, very good deal. They were straight shooters and good to work with. I assume they haven't done anything deceptive with the AE, but.... Now that they have moved across the street into the all new glass and stainless steel Taj Mahal of motorcycles I don't know if that effects the way they do business.

I'm going to be painting mine in the spring time. Blue is cool, but it's too "me too". If someone has a Silver and wants blue, I'd trade and just paint the silver. Holler if you're interested. Have to be reasonably close by - cost too much to ship and I ain't footing the shipping bill.
I have an AE and might be interested in such a swap of colored bits. Where are you? I'm in Abq NM.

I have an AE and might be interested in such a swap of colored bits. Where are you? I'm in Abq NM.
I'm in Pennsylvania. I don't mind doing the swap remotely. When comes the time, I'll post up again about it and we can work out details. Hell, maybe I'll just do a ride-n-swap. That can be my big trip in the spring time. I do a solo ride each year to some far-off land of wonder and magic just to clear my head and have a little "me" time.

Indeedie, was it Freedom? I'm on my way back to Freedom some time next week. Freedom is where my FJR came from. At the time they were in a dump across the street and could afford to give me a very, very good deal. They were straight shooters and good to work with. I assume they haven't done anything deceptive with the AE, but.... Now that they have moved across the street into the all new glass and stainless steel Taj Mahal of motorcycles I don't know if that effects the way they do business.
Yup Freedon cycle. And contrary to what my wife may tell you, I'm not a complete idot. It was a blue AE and was on the floor for 14,999

I know what you mean about the place Alan. The frist time I went there after the move I said..."holy crap, somebody's rich uncle had to die". THey have more in inventory on the floor than most dealers sell in a yesr.

If you do see a blue AE, chase it down and send us a photo here. Maybe Yamaha isn't telling us something.
Didn't have my camera with me and the shop will be closed when I go home today. Hopefully, ionbeam will snap us a pic when he goes there this week. For anyone wishing to call the dealer and verify the bike's color the dealer is Freedom Cycle in Concord NH 603-225-2779

Lemme guess - you are going to paint it Black Cherry :blink:
Nah, I was kinda thinking something in a dark metallic green, or that Harley metallic chocolate (f'ing gorgeous!), or maybe even Honda yellow. We'll see...
Good call. Too often, when people repaint they pick a popular, good-looking color. I kinda like your approach of sticking to a color that no one could possibly like, thereby reducing the attention factor, not to mention also reducing the stealability, if that's a word. :yahoo:

Lemme guess - you are going to paint it Black Cherry :blink:
Nah, I was kinda thinking something in a dark metallic green, or that Harley metallic chocolate (f'ing gorgeous!), or maybe even Honda yellow. We'll see...
Good call. Too often, when people repaint they pick a popular, good-looking color. I kinda like your approach of sticking to a color that no one could possibly like, thereby reducing the attention factor, not to mention also reducing the stealability, if that's a word. :yahoo:
gee, you figgered me out real good :blink:

I just got a message from Ionbeam. He went to Freedon Cycle today and they said that they swapped the plastic with someone that wanted a silver A (Skooterg was right). He will be posting up some pics and details tonight.

I can confirm the Blue AE discovery by Cota95. Here are the pixs!

Img_2376asm.jpg

Img_2377sm.jpg

Img_2379sm.jpg

Img_2380sm.jpg

Img_2384sm.jpg

I spoke with Sales Manager Andy Galliher at Freedom Cycle and found out that the Blue AE is in fact a body panel swap. A potential customer said that he would purchase an '06 A -- only if it was silver, so Freedom purchased an AE in their name and did the color swap. Andy says that it took them ~10 hrs to do the exchange (with some muttering and expletives interjected). They did a total swap with the nose and tail being especially tough. The customer was happy but Freedom has had the blue AE on the floor for >4 months and they aren't too happy about that. I didn't bother them with pricing, make your own best deal :lol:

Andy says that if anyone has an interest in the blue AE to send him an email [email protected] and mention that you found out about the AE at the FJR Forum. He also says that they would be willing to do the color swap again should anyone be interested.

BTW, the reason I went to Freedom was to arrange for a valve check (way past due). They quoted a check at $220. I will probably work with them to help the mechanic get around all my farkles :rolleyes:

Freedom Cycle

108 Manchester St.

Concord, NH 03301

Phone (603) 225-2779

FAX (603) 225-3152

Yamaha; Suzuki; KTM; Artic Cat; Ski Doo

looks like the sales staff have already skuffed the paint next to the heat controller in their exuberance to keep it looking shiny. I suspect they are going to sit on this one for quite awhile with that price. After all the aggravation involved in the body panel swap why would they want to do it again?

Beware of their service department Alan. I have lot's of horror stories to share with you if you are interested. They lost me as a loyal customer after spending 10's of thousands of dollars with them over many years. They don't seem to value customer loyalty very much. Who do you think is paying for their fancy new digs?

Caveat Emptor!