I Know I Announced This on the "New Members" Page, But...

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilin' Kyle

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]I don't think it gets better than this: Gorgeous weather for the weekend and a new, black, beautiful, sexy FJR in the garage. :yahoo: As the famous "Far Side" cartoon says: "What to do, what to do, what to do."[/SIZE]

Okay, it's not that perfect--I have a deck to finish--but I'll get some seat time, for sure.

I've had some motorcylces that I've really liked. I considered my just gone K12LT to be "good looking." I think the 2008 black FJR I just brought home yesterday to be "absolutely stunning." I'm sure others with another colored FJR would say the same.

I am just amazed how much easier it is to ride compared to my K12LT. (Of course, they are two totally different machines intended for totally different purposes.) It's incredible what dropping just about 300 pounds will do. (I should keep that in mind when I'm barbecuing up those racks of ribs, pulled pork and brisket sandwiches.)

Most of my riding is as a commuter--parking lots, backroads and highway to the junior high where I teach--with some trips on occassion. This machine is perfect for that.

I'm excited to get connected with my fellow Puget Sound and Northwest FJRers. I'll be snooping for wrenching sessions and get-togethers.

After today I know I'll need a taller and wider shield and bar risers. In the fall I'll add heated grips.

Well, gotta go. I need to go tuck my baby in for the night.

Last edited by a moderator:
washington you say?? i live in eureka montana. close enuff to washington if you ask me. love to get into your riding group. i live in a town with about 2000 people in it, and yea ,... im the only one with a fjr. cant wait till the snow clears out of the driveway, im gonna ride the rubber off the rims this summer!!

Congrats again Kyle.

fjrdego, tabacco valley. You have some great riding there. I've been lost up in the Yak many times. Do all roads lead to the Dirty Shame?

Last edited by a moderator:
2286261-worthless.gif

welcome. i too own a black beauty. along with wifes car and last two trucks and cobra i seem to have a black fetish. looking at a 70 Galaxy convertible and already talked to the paint man about black options. maybe i'm racist. pain to keep clean though. i got mine in sept and only have 5k so far will step that up greatly this year if i can stay healthy. hope to see you in moscow.

[SIZE=12pt]I don't think it gets better than this: Gorgeous weather for the weekend and a new, black, beautiful, sexy FJR in the garage. :yahoo: As the famous "Far Side" cartoon says: "What to do, what to do, what to do."[/SIZE]
Okay, it's not that perfect--I have a deck to finish--but I'll get some seat time, for sure.

I've had some motorcylces that I've really liked. I considered my just gone K12LT to be "good looking." I think the 2008 black FJR I just brought home yesterday to be "absolutely stunning." I'm sure others with another colored FJR would say the same.

I am just amazed how much easier it is to ride compared to my K12LT. (Of course, they are two totally different machines intended for totally different purposes.) It's incredible what dropping just about 300 pounds will do. (I should keep that in mind when I'm barbecuing up those racks of ribs, pulled pork and brisket sandwiches.)

Most of my riding is as a commuter--parking lots, backroads and highway to the junior high where I teach--with some trips on occassion. This machine is perfect for that.

I'm excited to get connected with my fellow Puget Sound and Northwest FJRers. I'll be snooping for wrenching sessions and get-togethers.

After today I know I'll need a taller and wider shield and bar risers. In the fall I'll add heated grips.

Well, gotta go. I need to go tuck my baby in for the night.
ya spent alot a dough on that bike...I wish you could get excited about it :rolleyes:

Very nice Kyle, can't wait to see more pics of a black beauty. If you're free on Sunday, hop a ferry and meet a few of us at Lynnwood Cycle Barn at 1:00 PM. Sound Rider is presenting a pack right - pack lite seminar that is full of good information.

Hope to see you there.

--G

Very nice Kyle, can't wait to see more pics of a black beauty. If you're free on Sunday, hop a ferry and meet a few of us at Lynnwood Cycle Barn at 1:00 PM. Sound Rider is presenting a pack right - pack lite seminar that is full of good information.
Hope to see you there.

--G
Damn, pack right, pack lite seminar! Sounds like a good idea. Sunday you say?? I'll see if I can drop by and catch that! WPB, FL isn't too far! Is it? :dribble:

Welcome Kyle, and you KNOW most of us intimately understand that tingle you feel.

I'd been riding a '97 Blackbird when I got my FJR, so I wasn't deprived of nice motorcycle hardware either. But there was something about the FJR from the moment I pulled out of the dealer's parking lot in Carson City on April 15, 2005 on the FJR. Honestly, I don't think I have ever had a stronger feeling of "this bike is everything I had dared hope it would be" than the FJR has given me.

Enjoy!

Welcome Kyle, and you KNOW most of us intimately understand that tingle you feel.
I'd been riding a '97 Blackbird when I got my FJR, so I wasn't deprived of nice motorcycle hardware either. But there was something about the FJR from the moment I pulled out of the dealer's parking lot in Carson City on April 15, 2005 on the FJR. Honestly, I don't think I have ever had a stronger feeling of "this bike is everything I had dared hope it would be" than the FJR has given me.

Enjoy!
AMEN BROTHER!!! :yahoo:

Hope to see you there.

--G
Damn, pack right, pack lite seminar! Sounds like a good idea. Sunday you say?? I'll see if I can drop by and catch that! WPB, FL isn't too far! Is it? :dribble:
--hijack-- :lol: Of course not. With a couple day head start you could have made it with time to spare. If you're interested check out the information at Sound Rider. No affiliation but decent info. -- hijack over--

--G