I love my FJR ; but where did the weight come from

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have an 09 and it sure doesn't FEEL anything close to 600+ lbs. actually one of the most nimble bikes I've ever owned :)

<snip>... and the bottom line is, if you peel the bags off the FJR it's pretty slim for a bike it's size.
Yep..., it's in pretty good shape for the shape it's in. :)
Only the new BMW K-1300 GT sport tourer at 636 lbs. weighs less than the FJR but the Beemer has about 20 more horsepower and the same torque. The Beemer has 13 to 1 compression and requires premimum gas and isn't the looker that the FJR is but it's faster and if speed is the main criteria for a Geritol/Vigara bike :ph34r: then the super German is the plan.

The Honda is a sled, the Concours is ugly and the Beemer is expensive and so that's why I bought the Yamaha and if it's anything like the other Yamaha's I've had it will be around for a long time.

It's in pretty good shape for the shape it's in, very true. :clapping:

I've learned to totally ignore any weight ratings of motorcycles. There are so many different ways to measure them that it's virtually impossible to compare the weights of different bikes.

FWIW, I pulled my '06 loaded up with rider, luggage, Soltek lights, Givi box and fuel cell onto a truck scale a couple of weeks ago and got a reading of 1050 lbs. No wonder it's hard to get started into a turn.

I washed mine once. I would be hard pressed to imagine 50lb of water stuck to it... and it was pretty wet too.. Bubbles and all before I rinsed it even

Jes Sayin

FWIW, I pulled my '06 loaded up with [SIZE=18pt]rider[/SIZE], luggage, Soltek lights, Givi box and fuel cell onto a truck scale a couple of weeks ago and got a reading of [SIZE=18pt]1050[/SIZE] lbs.
Dude!

You need to go on a diet!

:****:

Latest posts