I need a new LED torch (flashlight) - opinions?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With the specs you listed, the Trustfire Cree XML is perfect. I use one at work because its cheap to replace, uses rechargeable batteries, and puts out 3800 lumens. It does not have an adjustable beam, but it creates a very bright flood. I mostly use it for searching areas. Its here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006QQUJ1M/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=cm_sw_su_dp.
I just received this one today, while I am not amazed at the beam it emits, I must say I am very pleased in the amount of light it puts out verses the size. Much brighter than my Fenix (single AA Battery pocket flashlight). Thanks for the recommendation!

With the specs you listed, the Trustfire Cree XML is perfect. I use one at work because its cheap to replace, uses rechargeable batteries, and puts out 3800 lumens. It does not have an adjustable beam, but it creates a very bright flood. I mostly use it for searching areas. Its here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006QQUJ1M/ref=redir_mdp_mobile?ref_=cm_sw_su_dp.
Was reading through this thread and decided to order one of these... great suggestion, AJ! It was only $29, the charger/batteries less than $10 and Prime shipping... think I'll order a couple more to keep in cars, around the house for power outages, etc. Thanks for the tip!! B)

Brand name is Coast. Cost is $39.99. Location is Home Depot. The best flashlight I have ever had and I'm a flashlight junkie. I use it spotlighting coyotes, inspecting welds, whatever, it kicks ass. Beats the hell out of a Steamlight

Spot light I got and battery life is huge

Haha...I should buy two more, but I'm getting ready to go to Dayshift and they'll end up sitting.

Glad you guys like them. For even triple the price, they cannot be beat.

I'm not hearing good things about the Ultrafire 18650 3000 miliamp hr batteries. I need to get two more...only got 2 of them, but based on bad feedback, I'm thinking a different brand like Panasonic. Unbelievable how much copycat chinese crap we are getting in this country...Hey! don't shoot the messenger, I heard it direct from Fairlaner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not hearing good things about the Ultrafire 18650 3000 miliamp hr batteries. I need to get two more...only got 2 of them, but based on bad feedback, I'm thinking a different brand like Panasonic. Unbelievable how much copycat chinese crap we are getting in this country...Hey! don't shoot the messenger, I heard it direct from Fairlaner.
Not Fairlaner. No cusswords or evidence of cigarette smoking...