I need boots.

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish I bought two (or more ) pair of the Oxtar Matrix boots when I bought my first pair 6-7 years ago. Worked just fine as others have said, waterproof and all day comfortable. I wore 'em out. Replaced them with TourMaster WP Solution (something like that) for about $120. Almost as comfortable as the Oxtar. Certainly worth the money. I've had them almost a year now. No complaints- do every thing they should. I've tested the waterproofness many times. Also not too bad to walk in. Try motorcyclegear.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Go with the Tourmaster Solutions for ~ $120. I just did 3800 miles in Colorado,Utah and Arizon in temps of over 97 degrees. I have had this pair for over 3 years and after 13 days of all day riding in the West, my feet felt fine and never sweated. When I got home, I stuck my nose into the boot and there was no odor. These are amazing boots! I have recommended them to my friends.

Slardy

I have experience with two boots. Icon Chukka boots - heavy as hell, fairly uncomfortable to walk in, hard to shift since they're so thick, but otherwise good crash protection and pretty well ventilated for hot weather. TCX X-Cube boots - light & very comfy for walking, easy shifting & great looking, IMHO, waterproof but not ventilated, hot as hell.

I wore a pair of Icon Super Duty 3 boots all through last winter here in Seattle and never got wet feet. Surprised me. They've held up well, only repairs so far have been replacing so speed lace loops starting with the one below the cross-over with eyelets, 8 eyelets for $8.00 + tax. I broke the speed lace loops. I think the GenII fairing helps quite a bit in moving the rain away from my feet. I've been watching the TourMaster WP Solution 2.0 but as noted by others it seems to be unavailable.

Dennis

I have Tourmasters waterproof touring boots, they were $100 and VERY well worth it. I have been very happy with these. I dont have much else to compare with. I would love a pair of Sidi boots, but for a hundred bucks, the Tourmasters are GREAT.

My 2 cents.
If you happen to wear a size 11 1/2 (euro 46) I have a new pair of Sidi Vertigo Mega Gore Tex boots in the box (long story) that retail online for $375-$395 I'll ship to you for $250. I can send pics or just google them if you have the right sized feet and want a first class pair of boots.