I never thought I'd say this, but:

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wfooshee

O, Woe is me!!
Reaction score
So on my ride this past weekend, every time we stopped I had another look at my front tire to see if it was ready to let the air out yet. Nope, no cord yet, good to go. Sure hope it don't rain!!!!

My new tire arrived Monday, had stuff to do, didn't get it changed.

Got home from Tuesday, check the tire, and we have shiny bits showing. OK, fine. Last time I changed a tire I had to borrow my brother's tire spoons, not having my own, yet. Pull the wheel, break the bead, and... hey! Where are the tire irons?

Please don't tell me I've lost my brother's tools!!!!!

I dig through the garage for an hour or so, even came damn close to cleaning it, looking for those damn things! Finally, texted my brother (who has moved to California) and asked if he had them. He's like, "Well, yeah. They're mine."

So here's the situation now: I have a bald, belt-showing tire, broken off the wheel with a sidewall smashed so I don't want to reinflate it even if I could. I still have his bike here, along with two extra rear tires and two extra fronts. I have his battery tender, most of his tools, and his riding gear. In other words, everything motorcycle-ish that he owns.

EXCEPT THE DAMN TIRE SPOONS!!!!!!!! WTF!!!???!?!?!?!

Nobody I know has any, so I got on Bike Bandit and ordered some. They take Paypal so checkout is easy! So the FJR sits in the driveway (not the garage, because I can't move it!) with the front forks sticking out naked, waiting for me to change a tire with tools I don't have, yet.

Brothers can be real assholes, sometimes!

Had you decided to become "front-sider" no. 1 when you installed that front tire a while ago, you wouldn't be having this problem... yet.

Hope your spoons arrive soon. Don't suppose this is a good time to do some other maintenance item while the bike is down? And tell that brother he needs to leave all his stuff in the garage, not just most of it.

Gary

darksider #44

So why not just take the wheel and new tire to a shop and get it done? My local Honda shop does this for $22 regardless if you buy the tire there or walk in the door with it.

So why not just take the wheel and new tire to a shop and get it done? My local Honda shop does this for $22 regardless if you buy the tire there or walk in the door with it.
Listen up to "rbentnail" all of you cheap bastards !!! Isn't it amazing how much more can be accomplished with common sense and $20 + change.

Listen up to "rbentnail" all of you cheap bastards !!! Isn't it amazing how much more can be accomplished with common sense and $20 + change.
The problem is, 'Foosh has no way to "take the wheel and new tire..." anywhere. His Feej is his only set of wheels to drive, you ignorant, heartless, uncaring, unthinking motherstinkers!!! :finger:

The problem is, 'Foosh has no way to "take the wheel and new tire..." anywhere. His Feej is his only set of wheels to drive, you ignorant, heartless, uncaring, unthinking motherstinkers!!! :finger:
Yes he does you turd. Didn't you read his post? His brother's bike is in the garage. He should fire that thing up and horse beat the shit out of it just because.

That's what I think...

Brother's bike's tag expired in 2009......

I have a car. Sort of. I bought my dad's '88 Crown Vic from his widow after he died, so I can get around all right. At 14 mpg. It rides good, power everything, cold A/C, great car! Except for that inability-to-start-when-hot issue once in a while. And the leaky heater core we rigged a bypass for, so no interior temperature control. And the frozen latch on the passenger door. And the gas mileage. Otherwise it's perfect!!!

I don't want to take a partially unmounted tire to the shop and try to explain. I'd look like a guy who got this far and gave up. (Although I had no issues explaining a car tire!) And besides, the "real" shops won't mount an Internet tire, for any price.

And the irons were cheaper than mounting..... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
As usual I'm ass backwards. At the rueben run I mounted and balanced tires that were purchased at the dealer and didn't charge. They even got to use both my lifts so they didn't have to crawl around the floor. Bust was on the floor but he was snifing butts with Duke. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm...

Most rednecks just put a Camaro up on blocks, not an FJR.

Did you find any vehicles the last time you cut your grass?

LaughingHard.gif

Bust was on the floor but he was snifing butts with Duke. :lol:

If someone around here would do it for $22 I'd be tempted to take my tires to them. I do it myself because usually even if I buy the tire from them they want $25-$35 on top of their overpriced tire.

So is this just a whiny post about his brother taking his own spoons with him?

WTF. :D

Go down to the damn store and quit with the whiny noise. :clapping:

:lol:

I like making whiny noise!!! :p

Besides, why didn't he take his other tools, or his helmets and gear, or the damn bike, even? Just the thing I actually needed to use!

It's like he knew. :huh: