I offer you the Pac-Man nut

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe,

Once again nice work. It looks like the pac-man just floats in the slot. If so does the aluminum bracket actually keep force against the bike casting to keep it in place?

If I buy one, does the aux tank come with it? :rolleyes:
:D

We just had a bunch of friends over last night for a barbecue. All of the husbands were out in the garage inspecting the tank. It must have been on and off the bike a half dozen times; on the bike to show how it's attached and how it fits, then off the bike to show everything that's stuffed under the tail. Then another guy would arrive and the presentation would start again. That was fun.

It looks like the pac-man just floats in the slot. If so does the aluminum bracket actually keep force against the bike casting to keep it in place?
What isn't shown in the photos is a M4 X .7 set crew in the bottom. It keeps the Pac-Man nut from sliding back while the M8 X 1.25 screw threads engage. The M8 X 1.25 screw draws my Blue Sea mounting plate and Pac-Man nut together, as each is pulled tight against the rear subframe. If you don't have a mounting plate, then a fender washer would do just as well and you could attach anything with a 8mm (slightly over 5/16") hole in it.

I'd like one too, plsNthx
Sounds good. I'll be the guy in Nakusp saying, "I have something in my pocket for you."

Last edited by a moderator:
Edit:

This post was unintentional.

I was just revisiting this thread to make sure I had contacted everyone who expressed interest.

Last edited by a moderator: