I picked up my 2011 FJR today - best bike ever!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats guys! It is my favorite bike too! Great combo of performance and capability and darn good looking.

32 degrees, no ice or salt and you didn't go riding? Your not from Minnesota are you? You have nice protection and heated grips. Go for it!

Gen 1 or Gen 2, you made the right choice. Welcome back!

mr.paul, from Minnesota (blue might just be the fastest color...)

Congrats guys! It is my favorite bike too! Great combo of performance and capability and darn good looking.

32 degrees, no ice or salt and you didn't go riding? Your not from Minnesota are you? You have nice protection and heated grips. Go for it!

Gen 1 or Gen 2, you made the right choice. Welcome back!

mr.paul, from Minnesota (blue might just be the fastest color...)
Hi there Mr. Paul!

You guys up north are surely in a class of your own when riding in the winter ;) . When I brought the bike home from the dealership it was in the high 40's... I opened the fairing vents, which seemingly not only diverts ambient temp wind away from the legs (based on angle when opened), but those heat holes actually work! I would test it with my hands while riding...definitely provides warmer riding... The grips, just above medium setting was toasty enough too....

What a bike!

Thanks much folks!

I sold my 2005 FJR1300 as a get out of debt tool, but felt horrible afterward. I did reach out of debt goal though :) The old FJR was well worth the money; seller's remorse.....

In between I owned a KLR5650 as a utility bike. I made it highway friendly, and did a week out in SE Tennessee around the Dragon; it actually held up well!....I then went to the other end of the spectrum and bought a Goldwing (to make my wife comfortable), added a bunch of comfort farkles, and then almost fell asleep while riding - twice! Enough of that!!! I never was drowsy on any other bike, and I have owned ever tying out there with 2 wheels! I also briefly had a VFR800 as a tool to teach Motorcycle Safety Foundation courses. But since I got rid of that GW, the VFR wasn't a prudent 2-up tool for my youngsters...so that had to go too....

So......

I sold the sport bike, and the touring bike, and went back to the tried and true FJR sport-touring bike....The 2012 color is much like the 2005 (not my favorite, but to each their own), but that silver.....mmmmmm.....it is a beautiful bike!

I was trying to get to sleep last night, so I read the owner's manual...I see that the 2011 has a nice seat height adjustment, and it also gives fuel economy data on the LED....I didn't mention those in my post earlier...

Today, I added my first of many pre-planned farkles...I have done as much research as I can stand on a variety of manufacturers of the below farkles, and this is what will be on my Silver Knight by the end of the month....

- SHAD SH-50 (silver) with the extra top mount

- Motivation USA frame sliders

- Motorcycle Larry highway pegs

- Ram mount on left bar clutch bolt for iPhone

- WynPro 5" inch Ram Ball Mount (Ram-bone), which bolt to the tank bolts (for GPS)

Even though it was 32 degrees today, I wanted to run that bike! I calmed down, and opted to stay warm at home " :D

I also added the a Tech Spec tank knee pads & center pad (snakeskin), and after much internal debate, the Fenda Extenda... both of these integrate well with the bike....oncemy top case comes in, I will take some pics.....

I know how you guys feel. I picked up my 11 on 12/08/11 and haven't stopped grinning yet. Haven't missed my Harley at all. I have to put muscle relaxer on my lips nightly because of the excessive grinning.

I know how you guys feel. I picked up my 11 on 12/08/11 and haven't stopped grinning yet. Haven't missed my Harley at all. I have to put muscle relaxer on my lips nightly because of the excessive grinning.

Congrats to both of you for getting new FJRs. I also picked one up in March of last year. Because of a couple scratches from the dealer assembly, they took 3200 off of the price. Figured I will end up doing that myself, so what the heck :rolleyes:

Enjoy the ride!

....exactly......

Congrats to both of you for getting new FJRs. I also picked one up in March of last year. Because of a couple scratches from the dealer assembly, they took 3200 off of the price. Figured I will end up doing that myself, so what the heck :rolleyes:

Enjoy the ride!

sweet deal!

I ride all year in Virginia on my 2003 FJR. I love the new features you have on the 2011.. congrats. I ride each day in Northern VA (ODO: 57K) and my bike is also silver.. though I am looking to have it painted soon. maybe see you on the road sometime.. always on Hwy 66 .. congrats on the new bike

I ride all year in Virginia on my 2003 FJR. I love the new features you have on the 2011.. congrats. I ride each day in Northern VA (ODO: 57K) and my bike is also silver.. though I am looking to have it painted soon. maybe see you on the road sometime.. always on Hwy 66 .. congrats on the new bike
Thanks Solo Rogue....The past 2 days, I left my house on the bike with temp's in the upper 30's..The heat grips, stock windshield, and the heat vents kept me comfortable!

I normally either stay in SE Virginia, or when feeling froggy, will head west to get to the mountains....

Have a super day!