Idea for rear sliders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apologize for not responding sooner -------------- been on the road.
The front bar bolts to the lower front engine mount and the single rear engine mount, with the front cross brace passing thru the lower front cowl connecting and reinforcing both front bars. The rear bar bolts to the rear frame behind the rear stays, not the rear stays themselves which support the muffler and rear foot pegs.

I have since laid the bike down, with scratches appearing only on the crash bars ------------- no scratches on the bags, mufflers, bar ends or fairings. As a side beneift, raising the 650 lb (wet weight) FJR upright after a tip over is considerably easier with the crash bars.

I had the bars fabed to my specs (modelled after European and Australian Police pursuit FJRs), by 905 Racing in Chula Vista, CA for appr $600. Should the bars be scratched, the bars can be completely blasted clean, sanded and recoated (powder coated in any color ------------ mine matches my 07) for $55.
George, just want to double check, your tip-over did not affect the very top lip of the faring or the mirror? Was it on a level road or an incline/camber?

Last edited by a moderator:
OK here's the dealio...

I'm still trying to gather the details, but it's looking like the following:

* Minimum order to get this group buy off the ground: (5) (I am one of those) so we need (4) more victims.

* Cost will be roughly $300 plus shipping.

* Color: Powder coated in Black, other colors available for an additional charge.

Questions I have to them are:

1: Can they estimate the shipping costs.

2: Does this include any/all mounting hardware?

3: What is the cost for the additional powder coating?

Hope to have the answers soon. I'm going to start another thread so we can track interest.

Umm...

Based upon what you have shown so far I would be looking to purchase.

So I guess that means I'm in.

Thanks for the work!

:rolleyes:

I'm a former ST1100/ST1300 rider and a guy there made a great set for the ST (which already had great front tip over protection). I wish someone could come up with something like that for the FJR. I had a parking lot tip over on the 04 I had and it was unreal how much damage it did.

Gary