Idiot Destroys R1

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a tool...

For sale: Gently used R1, always stored in garage, never seen rain, never raced.

Has small starting problem and leaks a little fluid. Should be covered under YES. Seller doesn't have time to get fixed.

I'll take your word for it. 7 1/2 mins is too long for me to wait to see a Darwin Award candidate.
-BD
I got fed up with it after a couple of minutes and fast-forwarded to the end - giant puddle of coolant under the bike. After listening to that idiot yank on the throttle repeatedly for that long I was hoping there was a cut to track footage of him binning the bike and himself along with it. No such luck.

I just posted about this type of behaviour yesterday in another thread.

Sadly, I believe we will also see a few abused and neglected FJRs on the used market in upcoming years.
To me it's just like seeing an abused/neglected puppy. How could anyone treat something so wonderful in such a way! :(
Just wait until such an asshat gets his hands on a Feej! I volunteer to cap his ass!

Personally, I was kind of hoping pieces of engine shrapnel would take care of him, but no suck luck.

:/

I was hoping a piece would fly out and hit him. Why would anyone do that? Painful to watch. It grates on my nerves when racers do burn-outs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shrapnel was my hope, too. Can't say how disappointed I was. I didn't watch all of it, just grabbed the slider and moved it over. Any place I stopped was the same.

What a tribute to the engineering and manufacturing process that the engine lived as long as it did. Makes a feller think that a redline or two on the street won't even phase a modern engine..

Signed,

Carbuerized-Valves-Carver