If I didn't have bad luck....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gixxerjasen

Reaction score
Sigh...

733127ff-bfca-49d0-bf0f-741174fc486a_zps5fd39225.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I should be thankful for my fork debacle. If it weren't for that I would have run off on a long trip and this could have happened several states away.

Fixed the forks last weekend and went to go riding with fellow FJR rider Anthoney today. He noticed the bag was wobbling and then I hit a bump and it started flapping up and down badly. He rode up and signaled for me to pull over pointing to the back of my bike. I figured a bag had come open or something but when I stopped and looked I knew immediately what it was.

We didn't have the tools to transfer the bag over to his bike, so I rang up the wife who was 20 minutes away and she came and got my bags and we rode the rest of the way home.

So, now to figure out THIS fix. Looks like I'll be fixing the subframe, fairings, and buying a GIVI rack and a Gerauld stiffy kit. Sigh...

Pain to take care of, but no biggie in the end Jasen.

Remove the subframe and take it to your local trusted welder for repair and stiffening.

Good luck!

--G

Damn Jasen, you are going to be a pro at fixin' these things when all is said and done.

Seriously, sorry to see this latest news, but know you'll get it fixed better than ever. Chin up old boy! :)

More pics. When I break something I make sure to do a good job at it.

Broken cross member right next to the "Max load 7 lbs sticker"

CAM00159_zpse5623214.jpg

Broken frame on the other side.

CAM00160_zps3ef5eefb.jpg

Broken grab handles.

CAM00162_zps65821c51.jpg

CAM00161_zps0f7cfd32.jpg

Broken fairing

CAM00158_zpsce4fa315.jpg

Fairing broken in two places

CAM00157_zpsbef78a0a.jpg

Looks like all that was holding it on was the under plastic and maybe the rear seat wedging it in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man that really sux Jasen.

On my recent ride around town this summer, I found those roads around north TX to be some of the roughest I had ridden.

A real bummer to see so much more busted up than just the subframe.

I had better start thinking about that stiffener kit as well.

My sub-frame wasn't that bad, however a mate on the Aussie Forum had exactly the same damage as yours.

Could easily swap out / exchange photo's of the 2 bikes and you wouldn't know.

What's sad is I spent some time last night checking over Geraulds progress on the stiffy kit thinking "I need to order up one of those."

That's going to be a lot of $.

Would comprehensive insurance cover any part of it?

Just asking 'cause I don't know.

What's in there most of the time is my laptop and it's bag. Today it had actually very little in it. Shoes, wallet and some papers.