If I didn't have bad luck....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here ya go...

CAM00236_zps4f3b9945.jpg

CAM00235_zps029f37ba.jpg

Or maybe I'm just worrying too much. The stock one has a bar in front of the case that takes up some of the space and gives the appearance of less space between the bags and the rear seat. It may not actually be any futher back than the Shad mount and stock plate had.

CAM00149_zps2ee33d07.jpg

I may still pursue the idea of an adapter plate to move it forward an inch or so just to clean up that gap in the GIVI rack.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good to me! It doesn't seem to sit any further than it was originally...And with all that extra kit on there, I'm sure its more secure than it was. I'm going to keep mine in a similar setup..

Last edited by a moderator:
Normally, 10-15 lbs as I weight my laptop bag last time. That's kind of what I was concerned about.

Here ya go. Shad mounting plate on their adapter lined up with the three bolts on the GIVI.

CAM00238_zps7933109b.jpg

And the Shad mounting plate on the GIVI in the spot it lines up naturally with no modifications.

CAM00241_zpsf06f8f33.jpg

Looking around, I found this image of a GIVI bag on the SR357 and you can see the front of the bag is right over the front bolts with the rest of the bag hanging out the back. That's smaller than the E55 bag too so it might hang out more.

8f6ZKEC_zps8e7631af.jpg

Jasen,

I think maybe the angle of that photo is misleading.

Look how far forward the mounting plate and trunk is compared to the bend in the passenger handle. If you looked straight down on the Givi you would not see any space between the front of the trunk and the back end of the seat. Your trunk is considerably back further than that.

Jasen, I put the Givi SR357 on mine and then made an adaptor to put the Yamaha stock top case on it.

Here is a picture with of the plate

9_zpsa37d483b.jpg

The plate allowed me to move the top box back about an 1"

4_zpsfe640fca.jpg

7_zpsc9bf2f55.jpg

Looking form the side, there is a space between the adaptor plate and Givi mount because I have one on the other side to check the swing on the J&M antenna.

8_zps885ce74a.jpg

I have a trailer hitch on mine, so I get extra support beyond what the Givi does. These are the best two pictures I have showing the whole thing.

5_zps4e00032b.jpg

This is the stock mount, but gives you better Idea what the hitch supports.

photo9_zpscb611b54.jpg

Here is a shot in the middle of the Into the Unknown rally last summer. I painted the plate to match the bike. Also, I use the Givi mount and plate as the ground plane for the J&M CB.

IMG_8257_zpsa492e5a3.jpg

IMG_8256_zps390f9087.jpg

Thanks! That's pretty much what I'm looking at doing. Gotta make sure the position is right and that the bolts that mount to the SR357 don't interfere with the pattern on the bottom of the HShad mounting plate. I may get to play in the garage this weekend, but dang, the weekend is filling up quick.

Any input from passengers as to the correct placement (forward/backward) of the backrest?
Mine was moved back about an inch because my wife wears a Dianese spine protector inside the Aerostitch suit for additional protection. It made it a little tight for her, so moving it one inch back worked for her. The plate I made creates a box area that you can adjust the box mounting plate to fit. I had her sit on the bike and moved the box to where she wants it. The rally pictures above were from a 5000 mile 12 day trip and she was very happy with the placement.

Thanks! That's pretty much what I'm looking at doing. Gotta make sure the position is right and that the bolts that mount to the SR357 don't interfere with the pattern on the bottom of the HShad mounting plate. I may get to play in the garage this weekend, but dang, the weekend is filling up quick.
That plate is 3/16" steel. you should a lot of area between the rails to drill and put the bolts in. I did counter sink the bolts that hold the plate to the Givi mount.