Ignacio Wins 3 Day Utah 1088!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You LD riders are giving me a bug.

I have to start checking this stuff out. I have read every post on the IBR 2011 rally on the forrum. Ain't getting shit done at home. :p

I feel a fever coming on. Does logging keyboard hrs. count for anything?

CONGRATS !!!

Dave

Iggy ~

I add my heartiest congrats to all the others! That is an absolutely kick-butt effort, and you have every reason to let us know about it... of course we may kid you mercilessly for years to come over it! :p

Happy it all turned out so well for you! :clapping:

Don

2011-Utah-1088-Final1.jpg

The first 4000 miles are the easy part. It's the last 500-600 miles that are truly the test. ;)
I have been waiting for word on the 1088...

WOW!!! What a ride! This is a truly amazing accomplishment!

Congrats to you Matt!

BFD!!! Win a little rally. Ride a girly trifecta. What have you done for me lately, sweetums?

Congrats boy! I know you have been wanting a 'win' for quite some time now and have been oh-so-close too many times to count. And a Trifecta to boot. Hey, I haven't even done one of those things you bastard! Now I am going to have to go and do one. ****.

Nice ride my friend. VERY nice ride.

Too bad you didn't get timely credit for it amongst your peers, but meh, better late than never.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, nice job Matt.

So how long did you soak your ass in the tub afterward???

:rolleyes:
No, the butt is the last thing that's the issue these days....I love my Russell!

Right hand will be tingly and a couple fingers partly numb for a week though. And my romboids were screaming at me and only saved by the fact Chalmers brought in two masseuses to help us afterwards.

And, I have to honest hat I pushed near my own limits on this one. Like Forresst Gump I subscribed to the motto, "When I was tired...I slept. When I was hungry...I ate." But, that stretch west of Denver through the mountains was challenging to say the very least.

You know the old disclaimer, "Kids. Don't try this at home. We are trained professionals." At least two of the three (cough...the first two) are true in this attempt. ;)

Wow, nice job Matt.

So how long did you soak your ass in the tub afterward???

:rolleyes:
No, the butt is the last thing that's the issue these days....I love my Russell!

Right hand will be tingly and a couple fingers partly numb for a week though. And my romboids were screaming at me and only saved by the fact Chalmers brought in two masseuses to help us afterwards.

And, I have to honest hat I pushed near my own limits on this one. Like Forresst Gump I subscribed to the motto, "When I was tired...I slept. When I was hungry...I ate." But, that stretch west of Denver through the mountains was challenging to say the very least.

You know the old disclaimer, "Kids. Don't try this at home. We are trained professionals." At least two of the three (cough...the first two) are true in this attempt. ;)
A CBA TWN salute is in order for this monster ride!

:****:

Jebus Matt, what got your dander up to deal with this ride? :lol:

Interesting to hear of the butt not being the issue - but romboids and hands/fingers - I'm having major issues with wrists and what not these days..

Out of curiosity - does the Russell seat prevent you from 'hanging' off in corners?

I'd love to try one, but the budget $$ are tight..

Once again bud, Congrats on a MONSTER ride.

...you do know your CBA status, right? ;)

GREAT JOB IGGY!

I just saw this. Late to the party as usual.

FYI: the first BBG4500 was done by John Ryan, who left D.C. for Winslow, AZ, then turned it right around. It started and ended back East.

Brian Roberts is correct though. Doing all those miles AND doing all the other rally stuff put a tremendous amount of extra pressure on Matt's psyche and overall cognition.

It's hard.

Congrats again Matt!!!!!

GZ