I'm going to get a FJR

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deacon51

Reaction score
For the past couple of years, I have been thinking that I wanted a new bike. But what did I want?

I was looking hard at the Super Duke. Man, they look fun.

A Super Duke would be a great replacement for the Gen1 FZ. But, I'm still in the middle of the Baltimore/Washington corridor. I have two hours of traffic, regardless and 90 miles to get anyplace fun to ride. At the end of the day, wile I love the way the Super Duke looks I don't think it's what I need. I need range, I need hard bags, I need weather protection and ABS.

SprintST, K1300GT, ST3, New Connie... all on the list.

But I hope to get the wife to ride two up a little... Sprint and ST3 are to much sport. I love the K13GT, but it's not worth the price of admission (to me).

So it was between the Conie and the FJR.

Connie, FJR, FJR, Connie... back and forth. Then I got a chance to see the two side by side. The FJR is the winner.

But money has gotten a little tight around here right now. The wife is in Real Estate and has lost about 60% of her income, but thing are looking better. Plus, I like to buy at the end of the session unless I can find a left over '08 or used Gen II FJR in great shape.

The hunt is on. Wish me luck.

Good pick on the FJR. If you did get the Concourse, you'd be wishin you got the FJR the first time you had to change the oil. No need to pull plastic on the FJR. From what I can see so far, the FJR has a sensible design for routine maintenance. The Kawi faired bikes I've had in the past, not so much.

Ya should be able to find a good deal! ( I know I did and very happy with it!)

I hope so. Spent a good part of the day searching the net. My local dealer just sold his last FJR, but said he could get me a '09 for around $13k.

What wold be perfect is a Brand New '08 in range for a weekend fly and buy.

Now that I have decided that the FJR is what I want, I don't want to wait for it.

Ya should be able to find a good deal! ( I know I did and very happy with it!)

I hope so. Spent a good part of the day searching the net. My local dealer just sold his last FJR, but said he could get me a '09 for around $13k.

What wold be perfect is a Brand New '08 in range for a weekend fly and buy.

Now that I have decided that the FJR is what I want, I don't want to wait for it.
A brand new '08 for a good price and in the range of a weekend fly and buy?!

I like this guy already!! Good Attitude! You are going to like it here! :)

Hey Deacon I just saw an 08 at the Harley/Yamaha dealer in Mongomery Airpark this weekend. Just Google Battley cycles. Their top Yamaha mechanic just moved to a small independant shop called Cycle Connection just north of Laytonsville. Ask for CJ Brown he knows his stuff. Let me know when you're ready to ride. :yahoo: Also I've heard the the Yamaha dealer in Winchester has 2. One might be an 07 the other an 08.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll love it when the right time comes. One thing to consider: If I rode mine in traffic all the time I would have considered the AE. I love my '08 but traffic would suck with the clutch, any clutch really.

Just a thought.

Hello,
FYI - Ellicott City Motorsports had '08 or '09 on the floor last Wednesday.

Thanks

Fred
I'm heading over to Ellicott City tomorrow!

Thanks for the tips all. That's just the response I was hoping for with this post!

FYI... Navy Federal is offering 6% for 36 months on new bikes... I'm just saying.

Uuuggg.... Ellicott City has a 2008 SuperDuke in black listed for $11,398. I love that look, but it's not going to *fix* any of the resigns I want a FJR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got this today.

I wish more dealers would put email addresses out...

We have both 08 and 09 in stock. Right now Yamaha has a 750 rebate on08's and we will at least match that with another 750 off for a minimum

savings of at least 1500. We take care of all your tag/title and taxes

here too. 13,947.00 would be you maximum out the door price. We can talk

further about price if you stop in and visit us. Regards, Bernie Keller

Bernie Keller Sales Mgr

Battley Cycles
But the thing I hate is the .... "We can talk further about price if you stop in and visit us." These guys are two hours away. They are going to need to do much better than that.

Deacon,

Welcome to the forum. And let me be the first to apologize for all the pinheads who've replied to your thread without stating the obvious....

...ESPECIALLY after you mentioned "fly and buy"

DH.jpg

I can't believe not a one of these bozos mentiond D & H Cycles in Cullman, Alabama, the nation's BEST "Fly and Buy" Yammie dealer.

CALL THEM!!! (and don't forget they have the BEST price anywhere on the Y.E.S. extended warranty)

Shop hard and go get one now. Life is short, shorter for some than others. Don't miss your chance to enjoy this fine bike.