Inspection plate

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike7

Reaction score
New owner of a 08, can you use an inspection plate on a FJR ? I pick it up next week. Thanks. Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
For??????
Some states require a special plate on which to affix the inspection sticker. Some state inspection stickers are way too big for motorcycles. Some custom bike owners will use the plate so as not to mess up the piece of art they ride (as much as 200 miles a year).

This is one type of inspection plate (clickable pic):

can you use an inspection plate on a FJR ?
Uh, to answer the opening question -- why not? There are lots of bolt and screw locations where you could use a straight or 90° plate like the one shown. Pick up the bike and check 'er over, or go to the show room floor and look at a FJR, then order the plate that works for you and your local DMV.

Folks have commented on mine. Came with bike. First owner said dealer put it on before delivery. There are a few different different ones available. I would think a search would bring up suppliers.

DSC_0151.jpg

I saw jekirby's this weekend. What a great spot! I was originally thinking about putting one of those on the caliper bolt on the front forks... but I like this spot even better.

A word to those who have the inspection sticker put on the top of the left fork... I used to put mine here until JeffAshe serviced my forks. We had to take the inspection sticker off since the fork because it would no longer slip out of the triple tree.

Thanks for the information. I use them on my other bikes, didn't know if there was a good place to use one on the FJR.

Not sure about other states, but in NY, the sticker can not be mounted on a easily removable surface. This mean's those holders are not legal. You can remove it and put on another bike. There is a law, I will try and find. I have one on my HD (bro) and no dealerships (all brands) around here will put sticker on plate. Thanks goodness I have friend with a service station, who does moto inspections. The police also give out tickets for those plates.

Not sure about other states, but in NY, the sticker can not be mounted on a easily removable surface. This mean's those holders are not legal. You can remove it and put on another bike. There is a law, I will try and find. I have one on my HD (bro) and no dealerships (all brands) around here will put sticker on plate. Thanks goodness I have friend with a service station, who does moto inspections. The police also give out tickets for those plates.

You can also remove the licence plate and move it to another bike. What makes this different? :glare: