installing auto tune tips and tricks?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KhromalusionaL

Reaction score
Guys,

I just purchased a Auto Tune and it will be here tonight. Anything I should watch out for? Is the install pretty easy? Does anyone have a current link where i can pull maps for the PCV off of? I have been running the map for kn with Two Bros pipes. I am currently running kn with Vance and Hines CS2's Any info helps!

Joshua

I found the connectors for the PCV and AutoTune is not very secure when it was pluged in so I zip tied the plugs and taped the dummy plug so they wont come out when I move them, also I zip tied the (optional) switch wire to the PCV wire harness, also run your ground direct to the battery and make sure it's tight. Your PCV should come with a base map, but if you want to try the map I'm running on my 06 send me a PM with your e-mail.

IMG_3543.JPG

IMG_3542.JPG

IMG_3548.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I found the connectors for the PCV and AutoTune is not very secure when it was pluged in so I zip tied the plugs and taped the dummy plug so they wont come out when I move them, also I zip tied the (optional) switch wire to the PCV wire harness, also run your ground direct to the battery and make sure it's tight. Your PCV should come with a base map, but if you want to try the map I'm running on my 06 send me a PM with your e-mail.

IMG_3543.JPG

IMG_3542.JPG

IMG_3548.JPG
Marcus, that reminds me, during the Fall tech day, I want to install the switch for the second map. I'll want to get the map from you then.

IMG_3543.JPG

IMG_3542.JPG

IMG_3548.JPG
Marcus, that reminds me, during the Fall tech day, I want to install the switch for the second map. I'll want to get the map from you then.
Brian, for the switch all you need is a ON/OFF (SPST)

Thanks for the tips. How was the O2 sensor removal and install? Do I have to remove any of the fairings? Is the wire tap into the factory harness easy? That is the only thing that I am worried about. Never spliced into the harness on the FJR.

Thanks for the tips. How was the O2 sensor removal and install? Do I have to remove any of the fairings? Is the wire tap into the factory harness easy? That is the only thing that I am worried about. Never spliced into the harness on the FJR.

O2 sensor is unplugged from the factory harness just under the tank on the right side. (yes, you will need to remove some of the plastic.) Simple wrench work to remove and replace. The new o2 sensor plugs into the autotune module of the PC V.