Installing Photon Blasters

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitel

Reaction score
I'm a total noob when it comes to wiring. I just received my Photon Blasters and am ready to install. Questions? Where do you tap into a "switched power source" and where is the best place to tap into the brake lights? If anyone has installed a set of these, any help would be appreciated.

I used the wires leading to my tail lights as the switched power supply, as they're on whenever the bike is on. The brake lights go into the bulb housings right next to them. I believe the brake wire is yellow. That's where I hooked in as it was super easy. Your blasters come with Posi-Tap connectors, correct? My cheapo 3M snap connectors were not the best way to do this, but they're working just fine. I've heard good things about the Posi-Taps, but I'm no expert.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
I have not installed the Photon Blasters, but I did a write up on installing Hella FF50's HERE.

There are plenty of comments refining my install. Check it out it might help.

Take your time. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! One last question. Did you tap into wires under the seat or up front where they come out of the handlebars?

I used a Fuzeblock so I ran a separate power line. I tapped into a tail light for switched power as it only powered the relay. I tapped into my power line for on without brights and the bright light wire for on with brights.