Installing Vista Cruise

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimLor

Reaction score
I debated on whether to ask this dumb question and as you can see, decided to go forth. I have the VC sitting in my farkle box at home waiting for a few minutes to install. My dumb ass question is this: What physically holds the throttle open when you push down the VC lever? I want to know how close to position the grip to the VC to ensure it engages correctly w/o binding when not engaged.

Thanks.

Jim

When the lever is pushed down friction holds the throttle open. It takes a few minutes and a test ride to get it right. To little friction the throttle will slip and you will gradually slow down - too much and it may be hard to get off the throttle in case of emergency. I had to trim some of my grip to make sure it wasn't rubbing but that was easy too. If you want I can ride over and you can take a look at mine.

Dennis

Dennis - I've "almost" stopped by the last few Saturdays just to see how you're doing. I'll make it a point to do it this weekend. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.