Insurance Quote

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was with Progressive for several years (no accidents, no claims). When I added the '05 FJR, I was quoted >$2000.00 per year. I ended up with Dairyland coming in a little over $500.00, but several other companies beat Progressive's rates.

It's Frisco Texas - north suburb of Dallas.
OK, now that you've cleared that up, I understand the county you live in also plays a major role in insurance prices. I happen to be in Comal county where rates are still pretty low. If I lived 3 miles south in Bexar county, (San Antonio) I am told they go up quite a bit.

$625 per year for me with GEICO for the 05 FJR, about $40 more per year than for my Warrior. Highland Village, TX, just west of Frisco.

I was paying $650 with geico for my 05 Vstar 1100, and when I got my 05 FJR it went up to $1200, and paid the difference for the first year. When I call them back, I am considering cutting out the medical because I already have a separate plan, and keeping the uninsured and coverage for damage for the other vehicle and keep the difference (if there is any left) and invest it. When I thought about the cost of the $1200 a year, in 7 years I would of paid an additional $8200 on top of my sticker price. So for the guys here who pay $75 a month, I'd like to know what policy specifics you are able to get the rates so low. Maybe we can all gather our wallets and purchase a group coverage for us here?

I have geico. Progressive wanted over 1700 a year for full coverage. 90 for liability only. I checked with Geico, which I am not a fan of (due to business practices) and insurance was 700/year.

Here's my details. In the last three years:

1 ticket for doing 96 in a 75 (I-80 about 30 miles from Wendover, NV).

1 accident, my fault. Rear ended another vehicle.

1 claim when my boat rear-ended my truck. Oops.

So all in all, I am happy with my price. My auto insurance company doesn't do sports cars or motorcycles. So, I had to do something outside of my carrier.

Check around. And then check some more.

Eventually you will find a good deal.

I am in Utah, 32, home owner.