Introducing the FJR to the Hood

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John F

Reaction score
FNG here, made my introductions in the new member area and today took a little day ride around the foothills up from Sacramento.

The FJR was smooth a silk and I soon settled in to a fantastic day ride. I could repeat all the work I just did on another site or just link it right here.

I hope you don't mind the report being linked.

Nice ride report. Nice looking bike. It has more than a passing resemblance to mine. :rolleyes: Enjoy the ride.

AGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!! Don't click on the link!! Warning! Warning Will Robinson!!!

I ended up on a BMW website! AGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! :eek:

Sorry about that. I owned a Beemer before I bought the FeeJ. :lol:

Nice ride report and pix. Thanks for sharing. I've ridden that area a few times and it's great country to ride. Central and northern Cal are the best!

Oh yeah, and welcome to the forum from SoCal. B)

Enjoy the forum, ride safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice report and pic's.

Welcome to the FJR Forum. The FJR's love to sherd tires on Northern Ca. HWY's :yahoo:

John,

Nice TR on the FJR. I saw the pics to this on the LT Forum (I'm also Tbird there). I made the jump from LT to FJR in Nov of last year. I have the A version but had the dealer swap plastic with an AE so mine is last year's silver.

The FJR is a great bike. It was great getting ride of some weight and a few problems with the LT (ABS and Rear drive) for the added sportiness and HP of the FJR. And it's still good for gobbling the miles. I just did a SS1K with 1171 mi in 17hr 45min earlier this month on my FJR.

Watch the "Ride Planning" section. That black 08 would have looked nice with all the other feejers on this weekend's ride. Very active group in this area, and some of them are pretty decent folks.

Watch the "Ride Planning" section. That black 08 would have looked nice with all the other feejers on this weekend's ride. Very active group in this area, and some of them are pretty decent folks.
Yes I saw the post and would have loved to make the ride. But that was the only day of the weekend I could not get away until after noon. Oh well next time........