Iphone 4 and Zumo 550

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmgrif

Reaction score
Has anyone had experience with similar equipment? It seems my Iphone 4 doesn't work on the bike while riding? Apparently people can hear me but I can't hear them? I get radar detector signals and voice prompts from Zumo but? I have tried using the phone while the bike is parked and again it seems OK? My last phone was just a simple flip phone with no problems either speaking or listening? It is definitely not noise while riding, this only happened with the new phone? I meant to ask around at Auburn's Tech meet day but got too busy doing other stuff! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

What do you have it hooked to? A Starcomm, Bluetooth headset...? I have an iPhone 5 bluetoothed to my starcomm and it works fine. My 3Gs worked fine also. I don't have a gps or radar detector though. Knowing how you have it hooked up might help to solve your problem.

I run my audio through the Star Com Digital. None of the connections have been changed? The only difference is my Iphone 4? I'm told that if people call me while I'm riding they can hear me but I definitely can't hear them? As well the phone has been paired to the Zumo so?

Turn the VOX feature completely off on the Starcom1. What is happening is that the audio from the zumo is getting muted when you speak.

Thanks Fred! You were correct! I hadn't made any changes to the StarCom but I guess the Iphone 4 is more sensitive? Anyway it works now and thank-you again.

Mark