Is buying an 07 asking for trouble?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, you guys are a bad influence. Came to terms on an 07 tonight. Ticket is bought and doing a fly and drive tomorrow. :yahoo: :yahoo:

I say go for it my friend. No matter what the gremlin or the color the FJR IMO, ROCKS! Even with the few quirks this bike will bring you back from hell, well almost.

It is a very stable platform and I'm still amazed at how dependable and sturdy this bike is. I love it more every time I ride!

And hey, it could be worse. You could have bought a Toyota.... :lol: Painman. <>< ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
WooHoo!
yahoo.gif

Congrats on the new bike! You will enjoy it!

Sitting here in San Diego with my new bike. For once the seller described it accurately, it is in showroom condition, 3400 miles and not a scratch, pretty much a new bike. :yahoo:

Going to visit with family and head back up to Sacramento on Sunday.

Question, were saddlebag liners standard or optional for 07, cause I didn't get them.

To answer the OPs original question, Absofrickenlotly YES, getting an '07 IS asking for trouble...

if you are married or otherwise 'unavailable' as that bike attracts all kinds of attractive young ladies!
yahoo.gif

(see pics below... pics of MEM on the bike have been censored...by MEM! :p )

:D

I'd buy an 07, except for the gehy color. :)
Hmmm... Where were the '07s sold in Blue?
tongue.gif

Damm Computer Nazi's here at work, (probably apple people)

Was looking for the picture of you at Kicking Horse Brew House as evidence. :D
Not sure what that 'evidence' would prove, pretty subjective, but the Black Cherry is looking pretty non-gehy here:
tongue.gif

gaggle.jpg
breanne.jpg
That thar's some pretty conclusive proof, Jeff. Should also mention that Black Cherry is the fastest colour, except when parked for photo ops.

07 best color!!

one of kind color, all the others are the same every year (silver, blue, black, and then silver again)

It's a classy color, no doubt.

Just got back to Sacto with her, she's tucked away safe and sound, didn't miss a beat. Eleven hour day, butt is tired, back too. Hit loads of rain, a little lighting, some great deserted roads to stretch our legs. :rolleyes:

Roger

Welcome home, and congratulations on your new set of wheels. As you found out, an 11 hour day is quite do-able on these bikes. I wouldn't even attempt it on my CBR600 - I'm not 21 any more.
wink.gif

Now comes the fun part, getting to know it. Be sure to update your gear, but live with the bike before you spend any major dollars farkleing it.

Enjoy !

smile.gif

Brodie

I have to concur with my colonial cousins.

Black cherry is the dog's bollocks!

I even keep the panniers on to show off the colour. Enjoy your bike.

+1 on the 07 ... I love mine, and have had no issues except for the time I put a bad relay in a horn circuit ... but that is another story. I breezed through the postings, and might have missed it, but I did not see mention of the G2 throttle up grade. Congrats ... ride safe.

I bought an 07 in July, specifically for the color. I had Porsche Boxster in the same color and the women LOVE it. :love:

Got rid of an 08 Harley Dyna Super Glide and the FJR is a much better motorcycle. As with the Harley, there is much farkling involved and much more to do in winter months.

Enjoy your new ride.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Already have a short list of farkles planned. First up are 90 degree aluminum valve stems since I'm put on some Pirelli Angels this week. She got her first bath tonight, now the fun begins. :p