Is the clutchless model available for 2013

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PSO, I test rode an '08 AE, liked it, and then found a new/used '09 AE with only 650 miles on it and bought it. Love the damn thing. No downsides, plenty of guts, handles exactly the same as an "A' of '09.

Any criticism is just bitchin' from the folks who think a clutch lever is necessary to prove you have 'nads. (Hey, wanna bike the "original" way? go get one with pedals!).

I looked at the Aprila, but I will never own a bike with a chain again, I like riding more than maintenance. No bike is absolutely perfect, hence all the farkling (by me too).

There are AE's out there, certainly not as plentiful as A's but I had two dealers offering me '09 AEs last year before I bought mine from a private owner. Git'er done.

Granger

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="spartan1984" data-cid="1037599" data-time="1359743921"><p></blockquote>sickchilly,<br />

<br />

Did you and the wifey end up purchasing the Mana GT? I own one and love it!!! I think the Mana may be a viable option for the OP and it does have lots of power especially when you switch to "Sport" mode. <br />

<br />

spartan</p></blockquote>

We did not because wifey still doesn't know exactly what she wants. She's still casually looking while riding the M50. Now she wants to look at a BMW F800GT and an R1200R. Please, shoot me.

I wouldn't give up my FJR for it, but I seriously thought that Mana GT would make a great commuter for the traffic around here, and with a few more farkles, it would probably handle my touring needs just fine. It was a very nice bike at a great price.

Wow, a Beemer now? She's going all out...lol...best of luck with the final purchase. As for the GT, I ended up getting the side cases as well as the top case to meet my storage needs and you are correct, it is (at least for me) a great communter bike. I think just a couple more farkles on it and I'll be set :)

Last edited by a moderator: