Is this a good deal?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I see a mark on the left side engine cover (stator cover), so it's probably been dropped. Custom paint as well might mean something happened. It's a bargaining chip in your favour.

I think you are making a few assumptions... The 2002's came silver and look closer because that cover is flawless and it's never been dropped.
He was talking about the FJR that you originally asked about............. :blink:

I see a mark on the left side engine cover (stator cover), so it's probably been dropped. Custom paint as well might mean something happened. It's a bargaining chip in your favour.

I think you are making a few assumptions... The 2002's came silver and look closer because that cover is flawless and it's never been dropped.
He was talking about the FJR that you originally asked about............. :blink:
:D ooops

Awe piss, sorry about that. That's not custom paint on the '09 is it? I thought that was stock?

Awe piss, sorry about that. That's not custom paint on the '09 is it? I thought that was stock?
It's the original paint. It's called Granite Gray. It's Gorgeous! :)

I went and looked at it, they won't budge on the price, it has been lightly dropped and they also want $500 in D&H. Screw em'

There's a new '09 560 miles from my house. I'm going to see what the story is on it when they open in the morning.

So anyway, without starting a new thread, the reason I ended up here is that I rented a 1200RT this week and decided the engine doesn't suite my riding style in the least. The handling is excellent but that silly boxer (light and low as it is) was a deal breaker.

What I did like was the wind management and protection from the elements, it was however very hot behind all that plastic. With the right screen on an FJR, can you keep yourself well protected? I'm 5' 10" with narrow shoulders FWIW. The '10 FJR I test rode had a stock screen that was the least effective of the RT, ST13 and C14 I've ridden. It also seemed to have the least about if adjustability.

I think you should just buy an FJR and be done with it. All this hand wringing over this and that...just do the deal and ride it. If you love it and have it for 3, 5 or 10 years...whatever the differential in costs will be insignificant to the fun you'll have.

Get it done...summertime is a wastin'.

Sweet looking XX, it will sell to the right person just gotta to be patient. Although we know better, the XX miles are probably putting off uninformed buyers.

There are plenty of FJRs out there, the right one will show up before you know it. :)

--G

Well, I just test rode an '08 AE and I'm sold. The FJR alone is good enough for me to buy but the AE makes it a no brainer. It did shutter on take off, what exactly did they improve on the '09's?

I found a 0 mile '09 for 11,650OTD + tax 600 miles from me. Go for it?

Last edited by a moderator:
'09AE with 0 miles? $10.5K. Max! That's what a lot of people are paying. Go for that number and see how close they get. That's a new '09 buddy, can't beat that with a stick! :clapping:

'09AE with 0 miles? $10.5K. Max! That's what a lot of people are paying. Go for that number and see how close they get. That's a new '09 buddy, can't beat that with a stick! :clapping:
If that's what people are paying I'll offer him that and see.

Any comments on improvements to the 2009 electronic clutch?

Go for it! If they get close enough to your comfort level! Pull the Trigger! Once you start riding that bike you won't remember of CARE what you paid for it! Trust Me! :clapping:

Go for it! If they get close enough to your comfort level! Pull the Trigger! Once you start riding that bike you won't remember of CARE what you paid for it! Trust Me! :clapping:
$11,500 is as low as they'll go, I'm just going to do it. Another place in Wisconson like 900 miles away won't go any lower either. I nearly paid 13,000 for a Tiger 1050 which would have been a HUGE mistake so I can totally live with 11,500, it's exactly what I want. She also offered to ship it for $350, I'll probably do it since getting there, gas and a motel would probably cost me $350 anyway. Any problems buying a new one sight unseen? She said it's been out of the crate for a year.

Good call. You can spend a lifetime holding out for the right "deal", and I love a bargin as much as the next guy. But you can't buy time and every day that passes while you keep looking, is one less day riding. Trust those of us whom have gone before you, the price you paid will seem irrelevant within minutes of swinging your leg over the seat of YOUR new FJR.

Good call. You can spend a lifetime holding out for the right "deal", and I love a bargin as much as the next guy. But you can't buy time and every day that passes while you keep looking, is one less day riding. Trust those of us whom have gone before you, the price you paid will seem irrelevant within minutes of swinging your leg over the seat of YOUR new FJR.

FJRAE!! :yahoo:

I swear, all it took was one click from 1st to 2nd and I knew I'd be putting 100,000+ in one of these bikes.

...Any problems buying a new one sight unseen? She said it's been out of the crate for a year.
Yes...unless it's a well respected dealer like D&H in Alabama, I wouldn't. Even then, I would fly and ride to sort out any issues at delivery, scuffs, mechanical issues.

Speaking of D&H, I would contact them for an extended YES.

In fact, I would contact them to see what deals they have to offer...they were one of the early Yamaha dealers to embrace the FJR community. They have a good reputation and earned the FJR owners' trust. Many early FJR started their ownership in Alabama...

I'll send you a PM Auron. I have been thinking about selling my 2008 AE with 7311 miles on it. Extras include the factory top box and Heli Bar triple clamp. I'm just outside of Boise.