Is Yamaha Listening

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueman

blueman
Reaction score
Knowing what you know about your FJR what five things from the factory would you like to have. I will list mine.

1. Windshield ; sure alot of aftermarket company's do a great job over the stocker,but don't you think yamaha has a wind tunnel.

2. SIXTH GEAR "maybe costly for yamaha to re-tool for a must have" Tighten up the first five a little and sixth for cruis-en.

3. Helmet locks "GOOD EASY TO USE ONES"

4. FJR1300SS "Nitro injection" it would be nice to have for those special times. And just knowing you had it would be fun. You can get the fuel at the local hobby store. I think its 30 dollars a gallon.

5. I can't think of any more "funnest bike I have owned"

1) Re-route the YCCS clutch hoses so as not to interfere with the oil filler cover.

2) Re-route and re-design the front binders on the '06 so that the banjoe bolts aren't so close to the fender bolts

3) Re-design the diff carrier so that you can get a torque wrench in there for the acorn bolts

4) Windshield is ok -- but more travel would be nice.

5) make the axle hardware for front and rear the same size (14mm Rear hex, 17mm front hex -- why not make them the same...)

1. Self cancelling turn signals

2. Crusie control

3. Helmet locks

Thats about it for me!

1) More communication and support from Yamaha with the PDP program.

2) A beefier/sturdier sidestand

3) Self cancelling turn signals (my 1980 Suzuki GS1000G had them)

4) Dual helmet locks (every bike I ever owned had them)

5) A cruise control system similar to the Audiovox system.

6) An easier to access 12 volt plug for IPod, GPS, etc.

Oh by the way, I love my FJR. The more I ride her the more I love her.

The sidestand needs to be redesigned so it locks forward more positively.

The progressive throttle pulley on the 06 needs to get thrown in the trash.

How about making the trip meter in it's own display window, so I don't have to toggle from odometer to trip meter all the time?

And why not make the ambient air temp display all the time and put the MPG reading in it's own window? There is unused space on the dispay where it could fit to the left.

And lets talk about the speedo. The numbers are too small and why is the speedo mounted with 0 at 6 oclock? 1/4 of the speedo gage isn't even used. Why not spread the gage out a little more, make the numbers a bit larger, and put 0mph at 8 oclock like the rest of the world does? Everyone knows the bike won't go 190, so why waste the space putting numbers on it that high anyway. The red lighting on the gage at night makes it even harder to read.

large.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, pretty much any changes they make I can add on myself if I so choose. If they make most of this stuff standard, it just jacks up the initial cost. Although those 90 degree stems sound like a good idea, as do some of Fred's.... :)

IMO Yamaha is not listening.

How fuckin complicated could cruise control be?

Beemer's offers it for a little over 3 bucks (of course the bike costs another 6K, but that's not the point)

Now that I think about it, what do we need cruise control for anyway? That stock seat is only good for about a third of a tank of gas anyway.

Don't hit that Reply button yet. I love my bike. "Is Yamaha Listening"? struck a nerve. My biggest pet peeve is that they want us to go to the dealer for everything. The contact info for Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is squirreled away, and when one contacts them, the reply is "Have you contacted your dealer?" Uh, no! My dealer didn't manufacture the components, so in Yamaha's efforts to continuously improve, I just assumed they would want my feedback.

One last rant, speaking of continuous improvement... My Yamaha is certainly an opportunity. Why wasn't the bulletin for the 17MPG problem posted for me? Why not at least send me an automated e-mail? I went to the trouble of registering with them. What was that for?

One last rant, the 17MPG solution seems for me to permanently have on my title that the odometer reading is "not actual". Nice.

Sorry this post doesn't reflect my habit of being too subtle.

I read alot of requests for helmet locks. Helmet Locks its is, maybe for 08! Where would you put the locks?

My Connie had Helmet locks. They worked good but a hassle to hook my helmet to unless you had that helmet extension thing.

After thinking about it, I guess 90 degree valve stems, cruise control and a better seat for longer ride time.

More color options to personalize the bike from factory would be nice.

Lose the PDP

Add a more comfortable seat

Straighten out the surging thing

Add turn signal indicators that are bigger than a zit

Move the accessory outlet out of the glove box or add another

More "useful" aftermarket accessories (racks, lights, etc...)

IMO Yamaha is not listening.The contact info for Yamaha Motor Corporation, USA is squirreled away, and when one contacts them, the reply is "Have you contacted your dealer?"

BWWAAAAAAA! Yea, contact the dealer? I wouldn't trust anyone at the dealership to be able to distinquish their heads from their asses when it comes to my FJR...unless we're talking JETSKIs which is all they seem interested in......The guys working on the jetskis is a 50 yr old dude that knows em inside out.....their head motorcycle mechanic is some kid that looks like he's on a work release program from the juvenile detention center......Hell, everyone at the dealership looks like that…Must be the only place kids can get a job without having to take a drug test or worry about a background check…

Like I've said,,,,,these BOZOs didn't know how to start the FJR, didn't know about the side vents, didn't know about grips warmers on the AE.......I had to tell..... Since I didn't appear to be in a hurry, it took em almost a week to prep the bike, which was nothing more than installing sliders and LoJack.......their excuse (WE HAD 14 JETSKI TO GET OUT THIS WEEKEND)

And when I finally was able to pick up the bike, it was on FREAKING EMPTY!!!!!! NO, I didn't buy it from the recommend dealers everyone talks about in here. Why? My dealer was in walking distance of my office...If I had to do it over, I'd driven a couple of hundred miles in order to avoid those clowns I ended up with...

I'd like a better gearbox. Smoother shifting and an extra gear on the top end.

Better suspension would be nice, but I can get that and the other things I want from the aftermarket.

EDIT: Almost forgot - Since this is a wish list sort of thing - More displacement without adding weight.

1. Electronic Cruise Control (it's a sport/TOURING bike for pete's sake)

2. Smoother Shifting (but I'm getting better at it!)

3. Bigger Windshield (06 improvement is still not enough for touring)

4. Heated Grips standard on the A model.

5. Larger amount of adjustability on the handlebars.