It's here... the sub-2k mile 08 FJR!!!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazymech

Reaction score
So for all of you that were following my hunt for a good 08 A, I finally bit the bullet on a deal posted by a dealer on Cycle-Trader.

I drove my tuck from Atlanta to NW Chicago and hauled the feejer back home..

Had about 1800 miles on her with not a single blemish or spot anywhere - mechanically as well as appearance wise. I came back a week ago and have been riding everywhere possible.

I upgraded from a Royal Enfield old-style magneto-point-setting routine to this one and I must say, this is da bomb!

As luck would have it, I have a small scratch on one of the side bags from improperly packing it when I was transporting the bike but other than that, this bike is awesome!

I know you guys have seen stock 08 FJRs but what would a post be without pictures??!!! :D

Here they are...

img3015a.jpg

img3065d.jpg

img3066p.jpg

img3069.jpg

img3022p.jpg

img3067j.jpg

img3017.jpg

...and now the farkling begins... I already have the sliders waiting to be installed!!

whoa...!... stunningly beautiful....

so... - let the farkeling begin, 'ey?

i'm sure you've read the bin-o-facts - so... have fun, be safe and congrats....

dave.

Looks to me like you're in love with that raven beauty...understandably. But beware, these bikes are noted for only going 200k trouble free.

Wow. Outstanding pics of a beautiful FJR. Congrats and enjoy.

So, how much?

What kind of camera are you using? Those photos are stunning.

Wow. Outstanding pics of a beautiful FJR. Congrats and enjoy.
So, how much?

What kind of camera are you using? Those photos are stunning.
I got a very good deal on it... too much motorcycle for the previous owner and he traded it up to a civic... no... no kidding. Look at my first post in this thread (linkified with 'my hunt') and you can read more about how skeptical everyone and I was on this.

and since this was from the north, the dealer wanted to let go of it before the winter settled in and so all-in-all, a good price. about 9k delivered to the door.

Camera is a Canon Powershot SD870 IS... yes, it does help me take good pictures!! :)

thank you for your kind words!!

Ahhhh...nothing like a blank canvas. It wasn't too long ago that I was picking up my '08. I confidently told my wife, "no honey, I won't be buying a lot of stuff for this bike because it comes with so much already". Ha...ha ha....that lasted right up until the first night it was in my garage.

Good luck with the new scoot. It's a beauty.

Congrats................

I see you are in Cumming. You are lucky to be so close to our great North Georgia Mountains. I live in the Vinings/Smyrna area and have to drive an hour and a half just to get to your twisties. I picked up an '06 AE with only 2600 miles in March of this year and have ridden the sh*t out of her. Amazing Machine!

Good Luck, see you on Blood Mountain.

Very nice indeed. I was always a sucker for black bikes even though I have the cool-blue 06 bomb. And I have heard somewhere here on the board about another bike that was purchased from a car dealer as a trade-in. Now farkle away and ride to your hearts content. You won't regret it my friend. Just be safe and welcome. Painman. <><

Congrats................
I see you are in Cumming. You are lucky to be so close to our great North Georgia Mountains. I live in the Vinings/Smyrna area and have to drive an hour and a half just to get to your twisties. I picked up an '06 AE with only 2600 miles in March of this year and have ridden the sh*t out of her. Amazing Machine!

Good Luck, see you on Blood Mountain.
WOW an hour and a half. I only get down there once a year and it takes 10 hours. Blood Mountain is cool.......

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a very good deal on it... too much motorcycle for the previous owner and he traded it up to a civic... no... no kidding. Look at my first post in this thread (linkified with 'my hunt') and you can read more about how skeptical everyone and I was on this.

and since this was from the north, the dealer wanted to let go of it before the winter settled in and so all-in-all, a good price. about 9k delivered to the door.

Camera is a Canon Powershot SD870 IS... yes, it does help me take good pictures!! :)

thank you for your kind words!!

Traded "UP" to a civic? HA! Beautiful bike - you'll absolutely hate it...

Oh crazymech,

That Black Beauty is bewtifull!!...I see FZ1 mirrors in you future. (Seriously, I just put them on my 08AE and the view is spectacular!)

bigjimbiker :yahoo: