Jane's New Bike!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
Last Wednesday, my girlfriend Jane bought her first new motorcycle! :clapping: :yahoo: It's her second bike, a used 2001 Kawasaki Vulcan 500 being her first. I never did like the Vulcan much, but for starting out and her first bike, what was important was that she felt really comfortable with it. However, thanks to the 'SkooterG Tough Love Motorcycle Skool', she quickly outgrew it. I am not sure what to make of her new bike though. I mean.....................it's...........it's...............it's..............well..............

I've now got kraut krap in the garage!!!! :eek:

Jane's new bike, a 2009 BMW F650GS, awaiting her on the showroom floor:

DeliveryDay7.jpg

DeliveryDay.jpg

At least I can find some solice in the fact that it doesn't have a final drive. :p

Needless to say, Jane's excited. HER FIRST BRAND NEW MOTORCYLE! It's getting tougher as I get older and knarlier, but I can kind-of remember all the stuff that was going through my mind the day I bought my first brand new motorcycle (A 95 Harley). It was funny to watch her. At some point in time, she started babbling incoherently. A sharp slaaaaap brought her back. :eek: (If you believe this, you are more stupider than I is)

DeliveryDay2.jpg

DeliveryDay3.jpg

DeliveryDay5.jpg

Cunning lil bastard Oliver, claiming dibs on first ride!

DeliveryDay12.jpg

Here is da man, salesman Herr Steve counting all those hard earned Ben Franklins. There were a lot of them. It IS a BMW after all.

DeliveryDay13.jpg

While Jane was forking over her hard earned cash and filling out paperwork with Herr Steve, I took a walk around the dealership. Me being me, I went right through the door marked 'employees only'. It was unlocked after all. Well, I don't think I was supposed to be there. A lot of posters on the wall with German writing that I couldn't understand, strange music playing, and then my prying eyes came across THIS!!!

DeliveryDay9.jpg

Ahhhh-Haaaaa! Those krafty krauts!!!!

After all the paperwork was done, it was time for the 4 hour explanation of how to operate this fine example of german engineering. Of course, three and a half hours of that was just to explain how to use those !#*&%@ BMW turn signals! This dog and pony show took so long, it got dark outside!

DeliveryDay17.jpg

DeliveryDay19.jpg

And finally, the act of capitulation, the final submission, to the klub of kraut..............

JANE DRINKS THE KOOL-AID!!!!

DeliveryDay22.jpg

DeliveryDay24.jpg

DeliveryDay25-1.jpg

Salesman Herr Steve is happy. Another poor soul assimilated into the blind faithful - the BMW collective.

DeliveryDay26.jpg

It being dark, and Jane being really nervous (and a bit light-headed from the kool-aid), I got to ride the new bike home. Nice little bike. Wish I could tell you more, but I haven't been allowed to ride it since! Imagine that! What? She think I am going to crash it or something? :****:

Due to work, no riding on Thursday for Jane. Then on Friday and Saturday, we took a trip to retrieve her broken down Kawasaki CLICKY HERE. So the first day she was able to ride her new BMW came on Sunday! :yahoo: She was a bit nervous at first, but once there were a few revolutions of the tires, I could see her smiling even though she had a full face helmet on.

Practicing getting it off the sidestand. (Not a lame one like the FJR has! :D )

FirstRide2.jpg

Ready for take-off. Trusty chase FJR eagerly awaiting.............

FirstRide5.jpg

Off she goes!

FirstRide3.jpg

FirstRide4.jpg

FirstRide8.jpg

Looking GREAT!!!

FirstRide7.jpg

Would have been a great piccie if in focus:

FirstRide10.jpg

Jane's happy. Absolutely loves her new Bimmer.

Hopefully, someday soon she'll let me ride it. :unsure: But I think I come after the dog, so it could be a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice. I had sworn off of BMW's until the new F series came out. I may have to have one someday.

Very nice indeed! Good to see those happy smiles all around. And BTW, an FJR can share garage space quite happily with a German made bike. We've proved it, with a couple of K12S's.

Hope the bike brings Jane (and you) a lot of happy miles and smiles.

Jill

So that's how BMW does it :rolleyes: they make you drink the Kool Aid before you leave. Hmmmmm now I wonder how Harley does it... :lol: :lol:

Nice bike and what a great write up!!

Welcome Jane to my world.... BMW...ahhhhh you will love it...

Congrats Sweetie.. Smitty :yahoo:

Very nice bike. It looks like it's a nice fit for Jane; the dog, however, is definitely going to need a much lower seat height :blink:

At least you won't have to worry about shaft failures... :lol:
At least not on the BMW, not so sure on the SkooterG fornt though :rolleyes:

Congrats Jane, nice looking bike, and it does get some great reviews.

That thing is friggin' sweet!! Bikes not bad either. J/K of course!!!

I was reading about the "new" GS and thought how nice it would be to have one that didn't require one of those stair-trucks from the airport.

I love the look of those.

Cool! I'm glad she found a bike she likes. Congrats are in order for Jane.

And that Kool-Aid container w/ the BMW logo? CLASSIC funny stuff there. I love it.

Jane, congrats on your new bike !!

If I understand the F series, the F650's actually have 800 cc engines. Free displacement !!

Nice bike, lady !!! Looking forward to seeing you on it.

:yahoo:

She let you ride it? :blink: I'll bet her crash to miles ratio is way lower than yours. :lol: :ph34r:

A G/F that likes to ride. That's awesome! More power to her. I could live with the beemer. If she chose HD she'd be history.

Ha, ha... great story. I guess this brings new meaning to that band's name:

Jane's Addiction:

DeliveryDay24.jpg

Congrats on the new wheels Jane. The new F65 is great.