Jane's New Bike!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jane & Greg: Now that you're BMW riders(snobs) you have to learn some of the way important owners rules. Starting with:

Top 10 Reasons BMW Riders Don't Wave Back

10 - New Aerostitch suit too stiff

9 - Removing hands from bars is considered "Bad Form"

8 - Shoulder is too stiff from camping on the ground the night before

7 - Too sore from an 800 mile day on a stock "Comfort" seat

6 - Too busy programming the GPS, monitoring radar, listening to IPOD, XM or talking on cell phone

5 - He's an Iron Butt rider and you're not

4 - Wires from the Gerbings are too short

3 - You're not riding the right kind of BMW

2 - You haven't been properly introduced

1 - Afraid it might be mistaken as a friendly gesture

Nice!

The F800GS is on my very short list of bikes for my next addition to the stable (the Unobtanium KTM 690E being the only one in front of it).

Nice!
The F800GS is on my very short list of bikes for my next addition to the stable (the Unobtanium KTM 690E being the only one in front of it).
I'm debating the same two bikes to replace my Suzuki DR650......decisions decisons.

kxb44 and bmwhd: Are you KTM fans hearing any release news of the new 690 Adventure? I am on the wait list for an F800GS at Scottsdale BMW (actually, my name was on the title of Jane's bike for a brief two hours) but I really want to see what features the 690 Adventure will have. If they mate the old 7.1 gallon LC4 fuel tank with the incredibly smooth and powerful new 690E engine they will have a winning combination for my Mexico trips. Almost bought a 640; it ran too rough!!!

https://www.raptorsandrockets.com/News/2008/2008_KTM.htm Everyone says the 690 Adventure is coming out. But when???

Last edited by a moderator:
Jane & Greg: Now that you're BMW riders(snobs) you have to learn some of the way important owners rules. Starting with:

Top 10 Reasons BMW Riders Don't Wave Back

10 - New Aerostitch suit too stiff

9 - Removing hands from bars is considered "Bad Form"

8 - Shoulder is too stiff from camping on the ground the night before

7 - Too sore from an 800 mile day on a stock "Comfort" seat

6 - Too busy programming the GPS, monitoring radar, listening to IPOD, XM or talking on cell phone

5 - He's an Iron Butt rider and you're not

4 - Wires from the Gerbings are too short

3 - You're not riding the right kind of BMW

2 - You haven't been properly introduced

1 - Afraid it might be mistaken as a friendly gesture
You know, I was out taking a ride on my "new" (to me) R60 yesterday afternoon. It was a glorious day and I was waving away like a parade queen. I wondered why nobody was waving back... :unsure:

Was it because I was atgatt (with my bright yellow helmet), am 6'2 and 210lbs on a naked lil' six-hunnert?

Maybe they mistook the bike for a sc**ter?

But now I'm thinking maybe they just didn't expect a beemer rider to initiate "the wave"... :eek:

Damn that's a good looking bike. Congratulations. When the picture with the dog sitting on the bike showed up it cracked me up. Best of luck with the new bike.

I bought the Silver 1200 GS Adventurer last Friday to replace my totalled FJR and so far so good. It would be great to have both but not at this time. It is great looking down on the rest of the world from the perch on the GSA however. I still have a KLR 650 and it is like a Tinker Toy after being on the GSA.

Chester

Congrats to both you and Jane, Skooter. Now she can keep up. ;)

Seriously though, the plastic is probably made in China, and maybe the tires are German, but Rotax made the motor, so pry that roundel off and slap a Bombadier badge on there!

So when are you planning on giving her the "SkooterG - how to crash safely for dummies" course?

Congratulations Jane. Really cool bike.

I'd really like an F650GS or F800GS so I could quit riding the FJR down dirt roads..................... :rolleyes:

Damn that's a good looking bike. Congratulations. When the picture with the dog sitting on the bike showed up it cracked me up. Best of luck with the new bike.
I bought the Silver 1200 GS Adventurer last Friday to replace my totalled FJR and so far so good. It would be great to have both but not at this time. It is great looking down on the rest of the world from the perch on the GSA however. I still have a KLR 650 and it is like a Tinker Toy after being on the GSA.

Chester
Chester: Now that you have your GS, join AZ FJR Forum riding to Zacatecas next April. I still have my KLR650 also, it's been to Batopilas in the bottom of Mexico's Copper Canyon twice, but I hope to have a new 2009 BMW F800GS for Real trip.

I have mailed a flyer on this trip to Jane, encouraging her to also ride with the guys on her GS, she has known all of us for years. Hopefully, she'll leave that mook boyfriend at home! https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=107221

https://www.azbeemers.org/forum/index.php?topic=956.0 Brian, RJ, Mike and Don from GregM's Grand Canyon pics are going.

Wow, I love all the pics. It made me feel I was there with you guys. I like that 800/650 GS and no worries about the final drive exploding unless Germans have figured a way to screw up a chain :yahoo: . As one who has had chain drive bikes for a few years, I recommend Dupont Teflon Multilube spray for the chain lube. It is the best evar. No fling and works great. Lowe's carries it I think for about $5 a can.

Now, about the footware, :rolleyes: !! :D

doctorj

Chester: Now that you have your GS, join AZ FJR Forum riding to Zacatecas next April. I still have my KLR650 also, it's been to Batopilas in the bottom of Mexico's Copper Canyon twice, but I hope to have a new 2009 BMW F800GS for Real trip.
Don, sounds great but I am a CPA and usually it is a week or two after April 15th before I catch up on loose ends. I do hope to make a trip to Alaska next year which fell apart this year with Petey because of the hospital stay and recovery after crashing the FJR. Hope to take in all 49 states on the GSA which would have been done this year on the FJR. The FJR is a mile covering fool.

I am not a BMW fan in general and I would not care for their other models but after seeing Jane's bike it kind of makes you want to expand your horizons.

Chester

https://www.alaska.net/~bmwclub/ Chester, If your plans for Alaska have you there in 1st week in July; you need to register in advance and attend The Last Frontier Rally. I worked in Alaska and the BMW Club really welcomes Lower 48ers!

https://www.decorphoto.com/ak-slang.htm You will need to learn how to speak Alaskan though. They'll call you a cheechako!!

While talking with Jane at the North Rim, she expressed concern whether the Beemer might be too tall for her. Looking at the pictures, that bike looks to me to be just right for her.

Nice bike! I like the wheels too!

Congrats are in order! Well done Jane! :fan_1:

(Skooter, don't let us catch you scavenging her old tires that still show some rubber. They WON'T fit your scoot) :p :p :p

Stef

They'll call you a cheechako!!
I've got the book, "The Cheechakoes" by Wayne Short. Got it new in 1964, fun read of a family's life there after WWII and lived like pioneers.

I was in Fairbanks in Feb. of 81 doing a job for the City of Fairbanks. It does get chilly up there.

Sorry don't mean to waylay the great pictures of Janes wonderful new bike but I couldn't resist.

Thats all folks! I'm gone.

Chester

Yea Jane!!!!! Congratulations girl!! :clapping:

I'm suprised by your choice but then again I've never been to AZ (except the other side of the Hoover Dam) so I'm gonna bow to your knowledge here. I'm sure you know better what the terrain/roads call for. I hope it takes you on some great trips! Ride safe

Congrats Jane.

At least your bike will remain SCRATCHLESS a LOT longer than Skoot's. :rolleyes:

As others have stated, you don't REALLY have a Beemer.

Have a great time and be sure after all that Kool-Aid to brush your teeth often.

GZ