Jane's New Bike!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mike, you and me both! Since Skoot's has been calling me everyday, crying and moaning like a 12-year old Drama Queen.
Skooter, él del accidente de la motocicleta en el playa, Flipper, owner of: "Dirt-sky-dirt-sky, oh damn!" fame.....when it comes to Jane and perhaps BMWs....

...IS a Drama Queen! :shok: :taunt: :derisive:

Any news Greg?
As my retarded compadre from the barrio said, Jane’s F650GS is back home safe and sound after you broke it Richard. :p I flew out to L.A. Friday afternoon. A friend picked me up from the airport and put me up for the night. He then dropped me off at the Ventura County BMW dealer at opening time Saturday morning. The trip home was 450 miles and there were NO issues at all. Bike ran fine. So I am now confident they fixed it.

What was wrong? Well they replaced the ‘fuel pump electrics.’ The way I understand it, these are the electrics that run the fuel pump. (Duhhhh!) The part is located on top of the fuel pump/fuel tank. It is part #2 in the diagram below with #1 being the fuel pump itself. BMW calls #1 the ‘Fuel Pump Assy’, and #2, ‘Fuel Pump, Electronic”.

F650GSFuelPump2.png

I believe BMW is going to reimburse us for the cost of the airline ticket. While I am none too happy with a brand new motorcycle with 700 miles failing and getting stranded., I am very happy they seemed to have fixed the problem. Hopefully, the worst is behind us.

BTW, as for Jane's 'colorful' foot attire.............She has always had some motorcyle boots, but on her 'first' ride wanted to wear something she could 'feel' the shifter lever with. So, despite my protests, the boots stayed at home on that ride.

As for Laughlin, we'll see. Unfortnately, the hotel only takes non-refundalble reservations. We can't committ yet, so we'll see what happens as it gets closer.

Glad to hear that they were able to find and fix the problem. Here's hoping that its fixed for good.