Just got my new corbin seat.....:)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxed

Reaction score
FedEx just dropped off my 3 piece Corbin seat and of course it is raining here in CT so I can not take it for a ride until later today or tomorrow.

It went together real easy,no tools required and it feels a lot lower and heavier than the stock seat. My SO will be happy now that we have a back rest to make her feel more comfortable. Will update more once we go for a ride but here are some pics if you want to look at it. One of the pics has a Cee Bailey+2 that is also working great for me.

Ed :yahoo:

Corbin seat :haha:

Geez, man, I wish my garage was as spotless as yours. :dribble:

Nice lookin' seat you got yourself there.

That seat looks great. Do you sit higher, lower or the same at the OEM seat? Would love to hear how it feels after a few miles.

It went together real easy,no tools required and it feels a lot lower and heavier than the stock seat.
Great looking saddle, Ed! Two questions for ya...

Does if feel like the saddle moves you further forward or backward compared to stock?

Did you happen to notice if the Corbin impacts the underseat storage (for better or worse) compared to stock?

Thanks,

EricR

The corbin sits about 1.5" lower than the stock seat in standard position and about 2.5" lower than the high position.

Did you have to remove the seat height adjustment bracket to install it? Also, how tall are you and how is the leg room?

And...how much for your old seat? :D

thx!

Last edited by a moderator:
It went together real easy,no tools required and it feels a lot lower and heavier than the stock seat.
Great looking saddle, Ed! Two questions for ya...

Does if feel like the saddle moves you further forward or backward compared to stock?

Did you happen to notice if the Corbin impacts the underseat storage (for better or worse) compared to stock?

Thanks,

EricR
The corbin sits about 1.5" lower than the stock seat in standard position and about 2.5" lower than the high position.

Did you have to remove the seat height adjustment bracket to install it? Also, how tall are you and how is the leg room?

thx!
+1 :clapping:

We went out for a ride this morning to try out the new Corbin seat. I am 5'7" with a 29" inseam so the seat improved my foot stability a lot because it is 1 1/2" lower than stock at the low position. I am sitting lower so my knees are bent a little bit more but hardly noticeable. My reach to the handlebars seems a little closer and because I am lower it is like adding height to the windshield. As far as storing anything under the seat, doesn't look much different...don't use it because my long distance rider is a gold wing. The fit and finish is excellent and I am very happy with my half of the seat. My SO is very happy with her half of the seat because(1) the seat is comfortable and allows her to sit upright, (2) the backrest gives adequate support and is easily adjustable for fit and makes her feel more secure...not going to fall off, (3) allows her to be able to move hands without hanging on. All and all we are very happy with the seat and backrest and it is worth everything I paid for it(did I say we are in our upper 50's?).

I added some more pics from our ride this morning... :yahoo:

Corbin seat pics

I'd be curious to hear how this seat is on long (500+ mile) days. I'm taking my GF on a 2-week tour this summer, and we're going to do some pretty heavy days; I'd like something that I could do 1000+ mile days on without even thinking about my butt. The production times on Russells and the like are so far out that if I want something for my trip this year, this might be our only option....

Looks very nice. How long from when your ordered until received?

Tks.

vmaxed,

The seat looks great & glad to hear you felt comfortable, but I need to know one thing before I order one. Is the new seat easier to slide your butt from one side to the other. That is one thing (besides the height...my inseam is 29") that was very disappointing with the OEM seat. I could not slide my body when I wanted/needed to.

Your seat looks great, did you buy the seat direct from Corbin or did you go thru a dealer?

I bought my last Corbin seat thru a dealer, which was cheaper then going thru Corbin, but he no longer handles the Corbin line. Anyone know of a good dealer that discounts Corbin Seats?

Thanks

Greg

Greg, I got it direct from Corbin.....

WAR MACHINE, I don't slide my butt from one side to the other...